Council of the Princeton University Community
In May 1969, a Special Committee on the Structure of the University, chaired by Professor Stanley Kelley Jr., proposed the establishment of a Council of the Princeton University Community as “a permanent conference of the representatives of all major groups of the University” where “they could each raise problems that concern them and … be exposed to each other’s views.” The council first met on October 27, 1969. Typically, it meets six times during the academic year, with special meetings as needed. A link to a copy of the CPUC Charter is given below. (See more information about the CPUC in Rights, Rules, Responsibilities.)
The CPUC's Executive Committee has responsibility for setting Council agendas. They welcome suggestions and comments. Please send them to:
Secretary to the CPUC
One Nassau Hall
Princeton, New Jersey 08544
2014-15 Meeting Schedule
All meetings are on Mondays beginning at 4:30 p.m. and ending by 6:00 p.m. Place to be determined.
September 29. 101 Friend Center
November 10. 101 Friend Center
The following links provide background for the 9/29/14 CPUC meeting discussion of changes in University's sex and gender discrimination and sexual misconduct policy. The Council voted approval of the policy (see 3 below) and editorial revisions (see 6 below) at the 9/29 meeting.
1) From the CPUC Executive Committee, a cover memo to the council describing changes and requesting approval
2) Editorial revisions to the University's Antidiscrimination and Anti-Harassment policy
3) The sexual discrimination policy
4) The sexual discrimination policy with notations
5) Memo from the acting General Counsel regarding relevant law
6) Editorial revisions for Rights, Rules, Responsibilities for CPUC approval.
Copy of President Eisgruber's presentation on strategic planning at the February 10, 2014 meeting can be found at this link.
Charter of the CPUC as of May 2013
Order of Business 2014-15