Council of the Princeton University Community
In May 1969, a Special Committee on the Structure of the University, chaired by Professor Stanley Kelley Jr., proposed the establishment of a Council of the Princeton University Community as “a permanent conference of the representatives of all major groups of the University” where “they could each raise problems that concern them and … be exposed to each other’s views.”
Special Task Force on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In response to President Eisgruber's statement on racial injustice and diversity delivered at the December 8,2014 CPUC meeting, the Executive Committee has created the Special Task Force on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. A copy of an open letter to the Council from concerned students, distributed at the meeting, can be found at this link.
Sexual Misconduct information from 9/29/14 CPUC meeting
The following links provide background for the 9/29/14 CPUC meeting discussion of changes in University's sex and gender discrimination and sexual misconduct policy. The Council voted approval of the policy (see 3 below) and editorial revisions (see 6 below) at the 9/29 meeting.
1) From the CPUC Executive Committee, a cover memo to the council describing changes and requesting approval
2) Editorial revisions to the University's Antidiscrimination and Anti-Harassment policy
3) The sexual discrimination policy
4) The sexual discrimination policy with notations
5) Memo from the acting General Counsel regarding relevant law
6) Editorial revisions for Rights, Rules, Responsibilities for CPUC approval.
CPUC Contact Information
The CPUC's Executive Committee has responsibility for setting Council agendas. They welcome suggestions and comments. Please send them to:
Ann Halliday, Secretary to the CPUC
One Nassau Hall, Princeton, New Jersey 08544