CPUC Meeting Agendas
CPUC Agendas 2012-13
May 6, 2013. 010 East Pyne
President-elect Christopher Eisgruber will address the Council.
Chair of the CPUC Resources Committee Professor Deborah Prentice will give the committee's annual report and present a proposal to add a representative of the Princeton University Investment Committee (PRINCO) to the committee as a non-voting member. The change requires a vote to amend the CPUC Charter, and the following language was proposed at the March meeting (added text underscored).
5.5.2 The Committee on Resources shall consist of the Financial Vice President; three members of the Faculty; two undergraduate students; one graduate student; and one member from one of the other groups represented on the Council. A member of the Princeton University Investment Company [PRINCO] shall be a non-voting member of the committee.
Student mental health will be the main discussion topic. Dr. John Kolligian, Director of UHS, will moderate. He will be joined by Bruce Easope '13; Friederike Funk, the new GSG president; David Campbell, Interim CPS director, and Michael Olin, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Students who is ODUS' link to UHS.
March 11, 2013
The main topic for discussion is online learning including MOOCs and Coursera. Deputy Dean of the College Clayton Marsh will lead a discussion about recent University initiatives in this area.
Chair of the CPUC Resources Committee Professor Deborah Prentice will present a proposal to add a representative of the Princeton University Investment Committee (PRINCO) to the committee as a non-voting member. (Such a proposal constitutes an amendment to the CPUC Charter which must be presented at the March meeting then voted on at a subsequent meeting--May 6, 2013.)
February 11, 2013
The agenda for the February meeting includes an introduction of Jay Dominick, the Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer; an update from Dean Valerie Smith on a fall review of aspects of the academic calendar; and an update on the Lewis Center for the Arts project and development of the neighborhood around the center. Vice President for Facilities Michael McKay, Assistant VP for Facilities, Design and Construction Anne St.Mauro, and University Architect Ron McCoy will present plans for moving ahead on this project was approved by the Princeton Regional Planning Board in December.
December 10, 2012
The agenda for the December meeting includes an introduction of Alejandro Zaera-Polo, who was appointed Dean of the School of Architecture this year, and a report and discussion about Career Services with Beverly Hamilton-Chandler, Director of that office.
November 12, 2012
The meeting will include a report from the Priorities Committee and an opportunity to ask committee members questions and an opportunity to share ideas and suggestions with members of the Presidential Search Committee.
October 1, 2012
Question and Answer period
Opening of the year business (approval of the Order of Business and committee assignments)
Report from the Office of Disability Services and discussion. Eve Tominey, Director
Report from the Trustee Ad Hoc Committee on Diversity and discussion. Professor Deborah Prentice, co-chair of the committee
Discussion about academic integrity with members of the Offices of the Dean of the College, the Dean of Undergraduate Students, the Dean of the Graduate School.
May 7, 4:30 p.m., 101 Friend Center
- Question and answer period. [15 minutes; times are approximate]
- Report from the CPUC Resources Committee. Professor Deborah Prentice, Chair. [20 minutes]
- Report on this year’s University pilot program in conjunction with Labyrinth Bookstore to make purchasing textbooks easier and cheaper. Maureen McWhirter Director of Contract Services, University Services and Dorothea von Moltke, Labryinth Bookstore. [20 minutes]
March 26, 4:30 p.m., 101 Friend Center
- Report on the ALTA (Academic Life Total Assessment) survey, an initiative of the Office of the Dean of the College and the USG. Note: Information about ALTA can be found at this link.
- Update from Dean of the College Valerie Smith about “Major Choices” – trends in undergraduate selection of majors; also about a pilot program to use Undergraduate Course Assistants.
- Presentation by Deputy Dean of the College Clayton Marsh on interactive learning online.
- Report from Nathan Scovronick, Director, Undergraduate Program, Woodrow Wilson School about new requirements for the school’s undergraduate program.
- Report from Dean of Undergraduate Students Kathleen Deignan on recommendations from her committee regarding implementing the ban on freshman rush by fraternities and sororities. Information can be found at this link.
February 13, 4:30 p.m., 101 Friend Center
- A town meeting with President Tilghman. President Tilghman will review topics on the University's agenda and take questions. All members of the campus community are invited.
December 12, 4:30 p.m., 101 Friend Center
- Report/update from the University Librarian Karin Trainer and the University Architect Ron McCoy on plans for renovations for Firestone Library
- Report from the Undergraduate Student Government about the latest COMBO survey administered to undergraduates last year. These surveys provide information about how a student's background can influence his or her opportunities while at the University and their Princeton experiences.
November 14, 4:30 p.m., 101 Friend Center
- Update from the Vice President and Secretary on discussions with the Borough and Township about the arts and transit neighborhood
- Update from the Provost on the work of the Priorities Committee including an update on the state of University finances
- Report from the Vice President for Human Resources on managing faculty and staff health care costs at Princeton
September 26, 4:30 p.m., 101 Friend Center
- Opening of the year business: approval of the Order of Business; approval of committee assignments. [10 minutes]
- Question and answer period. [15 minutes]
- Introduction of Dean of the College Valerie Smith. [15 minutes]
- Changes in Rights, Rules, Responsibilities language regarding sexual misconduct. Provost Eisgruber [25 minutes]. See the Provost's cover memo and background material.
- Update on the report of the Working Group on Campus Social and Residential Life. Vice President Cherrey [20 minutes]
- President Tilghman will lead a conversation about topics on the University's agenda. The meeting will begin with general comments followed by questions from the audience. All members of the campus community are invited.