Applications available for dormitory assistants, deadline 1/31/14
APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE FOR DORMITORY ASSISTANTS! DEADLINE IS JANUARY 13, 2014
Interested in playing a leadership role where you live? Would you like to be a resource for other upperclass students? Work with Dean Flores-Mills and Angela Hodgeman? Check out the dormitory assistant position at the link above.
Applicants must be a member of the class of 2015 or 2016 during the 2014-15 academic year and should possess excellent communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills.
- Serving as a liaison to the Dean of Undergraduate Students and the Housing Offices’ staff with respect to communicating with residents of their dormitory regarding living conditions, maintenance concerns, and other issues as they arise.
- Establishing a good working relationship with the custodian(s) in the building in which the DA serves.
- Reporting damage, unsafe conditions, violations of code and other residential concerns to the appropriate administrative office (Housing, Building Services, Maintenance, Facilities Customer Service Center, Public Safety, Dean of Undergraduate Students Offices).
- Ensuring proper use of common areas throughout the building, including resolving usage disputes, and scheduling and monitoring of activities held therein.
- Disseminating information from various administrative offices to residents, including holding informational meetings, posting paper, and sending e-mail notices, etc.
- Filing regular written reports and attending monthly meetings.
- Maintaining a presence in the building and holding a regular schedule (minimum of three hours weekly) of “open room hours” during which residents can discuss concerns about facilities and related issues.
- Monitoring OIT dorm printer functionality and help with inventory of consumables.
- Assisting with check-in and check-out of residents during the academic year. For check-in students must be on campus prior to the first early arrival upperclassmen. For check-out students must remain on campus through Commencement to assist in this process.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed.