Description: Practice your language skills over lunch at one of Wilson's Language Tables. The College provides support for language tables by providing 3 meals a week on a dedicated language table meal card.
For undergraduate students at any stage of language study, the tables are opportunities to:
- practice conversational language in a supportive, non-evaluative environment;
- learn cultural etiquette (e.g., how to greet one another in a casual setting);
- meet other undergraduates who share their interest in a language and culture;
- participate in a sustained discussions with graduate students and professors;
- receive encouragement to study a language further;
- communicate across boundaries of language, nation, race, culture, and ethnicity;
- develop an interest in studying abroad;
- learn about a culture’s politics, history, religion, and geography.