Wilson College is delighted to announce the creation of a new collaborative work station in the seminar room adjacent to the Student Computing Cluster in 1937 Hall. This 55” monitor with multiple VGA and HDMI connectors may be used for group work, presentations and streaming video. You may connect laptops or DVD/BluRay Players for shared viewing. There is no Cable TV connection to this unit because the system is intended to be used primarily for academic work and projects.
Instructions for Use:
1. Boot the laptop/peripheral to the operating system desktop.
2. Connect the laptop to either the VGA or HDMI switch. If you don’t have your own cable, one may be signed-out in the Wilson College Office.
3. Press the button on the front of the switch to change the numbered input to the one which your laptop is connected.
4. Press the “Input” button on the TV to select either the HDMI1 or RGB-PC (VGA) interface respectively.
5. Wait a few seconds for the video signal to sync with the TV. If nothing appears, ensure that the proper inputs have been selected on the equipment.
6. You may also need to enable the external interface on your laptop; on a Dell, this is typically done by pressing Fn+F8, and on a Mac, simply go to System Preferences, Displays. (Note: The maximum resolution for the TV is 1920x1080, otherwise known as 1080P; anything above this will produce a blank screen.)
7. When you are finished, please ensure that the TV is turned-off to conserve energy.
Location: 1937 hall, ground floor
Access: This cluster is located inside a residential college and therefore requires a prox card to access. The cluster is open 24 hours.