JP Boot Camps
Offered on an occasional basis by select departments in collaboration with the Princeton Writing Program.
- JP Boot Camps in History
History Juniors! Tackle the rough draft of your JP at our History Boot Camp. Based on Princeton’s highly successful dissertation and senior thesis boot camps, this boot camp offers JP writers a quiet space to write, focused thinking and writing time, camaraderie, and the opportunity to reflect on the writing process. JP rough draft writers at any stage are welcome, whether you have zero pages under your belt or an overwhelming mound of notes and scattered pieces.
Boot Camp Schedule (participants must commit to attend all sessions)
10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
What Boot Camp alums say about their experiences:
- “Kick-started the process; forced me to set goals and keep moving towards them.”
- “Helped me realize that the JP isn’t an insurmountable challenge
- “I got a good amount writing done and it made me feel better about the amount of work I’ve completed.”
Support and Materiel for Boot Campers
- Quiet space to write in Dickinson Hall
- A place to leave books and other materials
- Group support; writing and project management advice
- Healthy snacks balanced with plenty of caffeine
- Office supplies
JP Boot Camp has limited enrollment. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and requires a motivational $20 deposit, which will be returned at the closing workshop to those participants who attend every session.