Dissertation Boot Camps
2013-14 Dissertation Boot Camps
- Fall Break: October 28 - November 1, 2013 Register here!
- Intersession Break: January 27 - 31, 2014
- Spring Break: March 17 - 21, 2014
- June Boot Camp (2 weeks!): June 9 - 20, 2014
- July Boot Camp: July 7 - 11, 2014
Registration opens approximately one month in advance.
What Dissertation Boot Camp Alums say about the experience:
“I had a great experience all week. I reveled in the quiet niche I had, while enjoying the company of the other grad students (which I thought would be stressful, but totally wasn’t). Debriefing group was really refreshing."
What was useful about Boot Camp? "Having a quiet, clean, well-lit, air-conditioned work space I can leave my stuff in overnight—with plenty of table space, pleasant company, and easy access to snacks. Dissertation Boot Camp is a blatant misnomer; Dissertation Day Spa would be more appropriate. Really though, the biggest of all these elements would be the structure: having to be there at a certain time in the morning, for a certain time…"
Dissertation Boot Camp Schedule (participants commit to attend all sessions)
|Monday||Tuesday - Thursday||Friday|
10:15 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
9 a.m.-1 p.m.
9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Support and Materiel for Boot Campers
- Quiet space to write at the Writing Program, Whitman College
- A place to leave books and other materials
- A community of writers
- Healthy snacks balanced with plenty of caffeine
- Office supplies
Dissertation Boot Camp has limited enrollment. A motivational deposit of $50 is required, and is returned at the closing workshop to those participants who attend every session.