Lake View Plantation, Maine

related topics
{household, population, female}
{land, century, early}

Lake View is a plantation in Piscataquis County, Maine, United States. The population was 43 at the 2000 census.

Contents

Geography

According to the United States Census Bureau, the plantation has a total area of 53.2 square miles (137.7 km²), of which, 41.5 square miles (107.4 km²) of it is land and 11.7 square miles (30.3 km²) of it (22.01%) is water.

Demographics

As of the census[1] of 2000, there were 43 people, 25 households, and 12 families residing in the plantation. The population density was 1.0 people per square mile (0.4/km²). There were 425 housing units at an average density of 10.2/sq mi (4.0/km²). The racial makeup of the plantation was 97.67% White, and 2.33% from two or more races.

There were 25 households out of which 4.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.0% were married couples living together, and 52.0% were non-families. 40.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 16.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.72 and the average family size was 2.25.

In the plantation the population was spread out with 2.3% under the age of 18, 4.7% from 18 to 24, 25.6% from 25 to 44, 48.8% from 45 to 64, and 18.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 52 years. For every 100 females there were 138.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 133.3 males.

The median income for a household in the plantation was $18,125, and the median income for a family was $19,375. Males had a median income of $26,250 versus $13,750 for females. The per capita income for the plantation was $19,403. There were no families and 6.9% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 22.2% of those over 64.

References

External links

Abbot | Atkinson | Beaver Cove | Bowerbank | Brownville | Dover-Foxcroft | Greenville | Guilford | Medford | Milo | Monson | Parkman | Sangerville | Sebec | Shirley | Wellington | Willimantic

Full article ▸

related documents
Garfield Plantation, Maine
North Pembroke, Massachusetts
Heritage Village
Newtown, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania
Weatogue
South Ashburnham, Massachusetts
McMullen, Alabama
Dayton, Alabama
North Johns, Alabama
Needham, Alabama
Midway, Alabama
Wilton, Alabama
Kennedy, Alabama
Sylvan Springs, Alabama
Pine Ridge, Alabama
Orrville, Alabama
Glenwood, Alabama
Sanford, Alabama
Heath, Alabama
Edwardsville, Alabama
Lisman, Alabama
Hayden, Alabama
Nilwood, Illinois
Woodland, Aroostook County, Maine
Silver Creek, Mississippi
Macedonia, Illinois
Hayneville, Alabama
Circle, Montana
Schlater, Mississippi
Yellow Bluff, Alabama