Sister Bay, Wisconsin

related topics
{household, population, family}
{household, population, female}
{village, small, smallsup}

Sister Bay is a village in Door County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 886 at the 2000 census.

Contents

Geography

Sister Bay is located at 45°11′14″N 87°7′26″W / 45.18722°N 87.12389°W / 45.18722; -87.12389 (45.187192, -87.123852)[3].

According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 3.0 square miles (7.9 km²), of which, 2.6 square miles (6.7 km²) of it is land and 0.5 square miles (1.2 km²) of it (15.08%) is water.

Demographics

As of the census[2] of 2000, there were 886 people, 446 households, and 224 families residing in the village. The population density was 341.9 people per square mile (132.1/km²). There were 945 housing units at an average density of 364.7/sq mi (140.9/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 98.42% White, 0.11% African American, 0.79% Native American, 0.23% Asian, 0.11% from other races, and 0.34% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.68% of the population.

There were 446 households out of which 11.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 46.0% were married couples living together, 3.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 49.6% were non-families. 46.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 28.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.78 and the average family size was 2.45.

In the village the population was spread out with 10.9% under the age of 18, 3.7% from 18 to 24, 13.4% from 25 to 44, 25.7% from 45 to 64, and 46.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 61 years. For every 100 females there were 73.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 69.0 males.

The median income for a household in the village was $33,224, and the median income for a family was $50,893. Males had a median income of $28,571 versus $23,250 for females. The per capita income for the village was $25,029. About 1.4% of families and 3.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under age 18 and 3.6% of those age 65 or over.

Full article ▸

related documents
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Fort Recovery, Ohio
Craig Beach, Ohio
Paddock Lake, Wisconsin
Randall, Wisconsin
Russell, Lincoln County, Wisconsin
Spring Valley, Wisconsin
Little Suamico, Wisconsin
Douglas, Wisconsin
Morrow, Ohio
Mount Morris, Wisconsin
Darbyville, Ohio
Jeffersonville, Ohio
Rockdale, Wisconsin
Rusk, Burnett County, Wisconsin
Enosburgh, Vermont
Mitchell, Wisconsin
Dellona, Wisconsin
River Hills, Wisconsin
Washington, Eau Claire County, Wisconsin
Townsend, Wisconsin
Richford, Wisconsin
Yorkville, Wisconsin
Rocky Ridge, Ohio
Rock, Wood County, Wisconsin
Stanton, St. Croix County, Wisconsin
North Baltimore, Ohio
Union, Rock County, Wisconsin
New Paris, Ohio
Troy, Walworth County, Wisconsin