Tennant, California

related topics
{household, population, female}
{mi², represent, 1st}

Tennant is a census-designated place (CDP) in Siskiyou County, California, United States. The population was 63 at the 2000 census.

Contents

Geography

Tennant is located at 41°35′6″N 121°54′42″W / 41.585°N 121.91167°W / 41.585; -121.91167 (41.585003, -121.911794)[1].

According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.6 km²), all of it land.

Demographics

As of the census[2] of 2000, there were 63 people, 34 households, and 17 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 289.7 people per square mile (110.6/km²). There were 96 housing units at an average density of 441.4/sq mi (168.5/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 88.89% White, 1.59% Native American, 3.17% from other races, and 6.35% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 11.11% of the population.

There were 34 households out of which 8.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 38.2% were married couples living together, 11.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 50.0% were non-families. 44.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 26.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.85 and the average family size was 2.53.

In the CDP the population was spread out with 12.7% under the age of 18, 3.2% from 18 to 24, 17.5% from 25 to 44, 36.5% from 45 to 64, and 30.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 56 years. For every 100 females there were 80.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 83.3 males.

The median income for a household in the CDP was $10,750, and the median income for a family was $26,250. Males had a median income of $21,250 versus $0 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $9,929. There were 31.3% of families and 34.8% of the population living below the poverty line, including 100.0% of under eighteens and 8.3% of those over 64.

100% of the population speaks English.[3]

Full article ▸

related documents
Homewood Canyon-Valley Wells, California
Shackelford, California
Mi-Wuk Village, California
Murrieta Hot Springs, California
Round Valley, California
Cartago, California
Valley Springs, California
Burney, California
Orland Hills, Illinois
Succasunna-Kenvil, New Jersey
Olivet, New Jersey
Baywood-Los Osos, California
Wilkerson, California
Parkway-South Sacramento, California
Lemoore Station, California
Quail Valley, Menifee, California
Dover Beaches North, New Jersey
Bayview, California
Fairton, New Jersey
Day Valley, California
Laurel Lake, New Jersey
Edgewood, California
Mount Hebron, California
Denair, California
South Yuba City, California
Madera Acres, California
Bonadelle Ranchos-Madera Ranchos, California
Avery, California
Browns Mills, New Jersey
Vista Center, New Jersey