Professor A. James Link
email@example.com Hoyt Laboratory
Professor Link grew up in Newburyport, MA and obtained his B.S.E. in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University in 2000. Following undergraduate studies, he moved to southern California to pursue a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering at Caltech under the direction of David Tirrell. After receiving his Ph.D. in 2005, Prof. Link was an NIH Kirschstein Fellow at the University of Texas, Austin, in the lab of George Georgiou. He began his appointment as assistant professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering at Princeton in July 2007 and was promoted to associate professor in 2013.
Current graduate students
Originally from St. Petersburg Russia, Mikhail found his permanent home in warm and sunny Memphis, TN. While working towards his B.E. in Chemical Engineering at Vanderbilt University, Mikhail worked in a genomics laboratory and held a research internship at IBM Almaden where he worked on polymer self-assembly for nanolithographic applications. He has been working on lasso peptide discovery in the Link Lab.
Alan is a fourth year graduate student in the Link Lab. He grew up in Westfield, New Jersey and graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 2010 with a B.S. in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. As an undergraduate, Alan did research in the areas of biotechnology and protein engineering and interned at Centocor, where he worked on cell line development. Alan is co-advised by Professor Link and Professor Stanislav Shvartsman. His research focuses on protein interactions involved in the MAPK signaling pathway.
Caitlin Allen hails from New Mexico, where she obtained a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Techonology. She has worked for five years as a technical intern at Sandia National Laboratories, and spent two years studying liposomal drug delivery at her undergrad. Her current research project examines the effects of selective mutagenesis on the structure and antibacterial properties of lasso peptides.
Joe is a second year graduate student in the Molecular Biology department. He grew up in Fort Ann, NY and moved across upstate NY to attend Colgate University, where he received a B.A. in biochemistry. Before coming to Princeton, Joe spent time doing research at the NIH and Colgate during undergraduate as well as two years as a technician at Memorial Sloan Kettering working in a crystallography lab. Outside of lab, he likes to read or go biking.
Frank is a second year graduate student in chemical and biological engineering from Secaucus, NJ. He received his B.E. in chemical engineering from the Cooper Union in New York, NY and is excited to be starting research in the field of protein stapling via bioorthogonal chemistry. Outside of the lab he enjoys playing sports and hopes the Rangers win the Stanley Cup in 2015.
Chuhan Zong is from the lovely city Chongqing in China. She attended the University of Minnesota for college, where she obtained her BS in Chemistry and Biochemistry. She has worked at the Mayo Clinic, where she conducted research on protein engineering and breast cancer. She loves music and especially enjoys playing the guitar and keyboard. She also likes to travel and food.
Current undergraduate students
Ariel Kunkel '15
Born and raised Arizonan, Ariel is a stranger to the unpredictable weather of New Jersey. She is a senior BSE student in the Chemical and Biological Engineering department with certificates in Engineering Biology and European Cultural Studies. In her spare time, Ariel loves traveling to new places, baking, and playing video games, specifically The Legend of Zelda.
Nini Le '15
Nini is a senior in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering from the faraway town of Franklin Park, NJ. She has done research for the Austin Research Group in the Physics Department here at Princeton, as well as interned for medical device companies, TYRX and Medtronic. Outside of lab, Nini loves to cook and spend her time outdoors, hiking or playing tennis.
Caitlin Wood '15
Caitlin is a senior in Chemical and Biological Engineering, and is pursuing certificates in Engineering Biology and Musical Performance. She has done research on infectious disease control at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and petroleum thermodynamics at the University of Alberta, and worked at Boreal Genomics. Outside of lab, she is president of Princeton AIChE, and a violinist in the Princeton University Orchestra. She proudly calls Vancouver, Canada her hometown and is a poutine, hockey, and Tim Hortons enthusiast.
- Diya Abdeljabbar, PhD *12, Merck
- Siyan Zhang, PhD *12, Merck
- Jessica Pan, PhD *12, postdoctoral fellow at the Sloan-Kettering Institute
- Jingjing Sun, MA *09
- Jack Lu, Princeton University
- Cathy Chen '14, MD program, University of Mississippi
- Maria Chen '14, MD-PhD program, Baylor
- Bozhena Lisko '14, Goldman-Sachs
- Allyse Terrell '14, Capital One
- Michelle Wu '14, PhD program, Stanford
- Michael Foglio (REU student summer 2013, Richard Stockton College)
- Yan Wu '14, PhD program, UCSD
- Edwin Jeng '13, PhD Program, Stanford
- Hannah Kaplan '13, Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Santiago Martinez Legaspi '13, PhD program, Rice
- Jen Siegel '13, Integra Life Sciences
- Eugenia Zah '13, PhD Program, UCLA
- Norah Ashoura (REU student summer 2012, Florida Inst. of Tech.), PhD program, UT Austin
- Angel Placeres Beltran (REU student summer 2012, University of Puerto Rico)
- John Tian '12, Epic Systems Corporation
- Mehek Punatar '12, Masters Program, Columbia University
- Michelle Luo '12, PhD Program, NC State
- Moises Montalvo (REU student summer 2011, University of Puerto Rico), Merck
- Hank Song '11, Princeton in Latin America
- Angel Long '11, MD Program, Duke University
- KL Huang '11
- Jakub Rajniak '11, PhD Program, Stanford University
- Molly Herring '10, DO Program, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Jayne Choi '10, CNT Energy
- Wai Ling Cheung '10, PhD Program, Princeton University
- TJ Klein '09, MD/PhD Program, Wright State
- Jay Kwak '09, MD Program, Yonsei University
- Igor Dikiy '09, PhD Program, Weill Cornell Medical School
- Nicole Clarke '09, PhD Program, Stanford University
- Lucy Xu '08, Nomura
- Dave Uppal '08
- Ishani Sud '08
- Rochelle Murray '08
- Karen Aherne '08
High School Students
- Akhil Dondapati, West Windsor Plainsboro HS, summer 2014
- Karen Zhang, Lawrenceville School, summer 2014
- Angelo Villaneuva, Union City HS, summer 2013, now at Rutgers
- Kimberly Perez, Union City HS, summer 2012, now at Princeton
- Christian Ugaz, Union City HS, summer 2011, now at St. Peter's College
- Shruti Patel, Union City HS, summer 2011, now at Rutgers
- Paola Severino, Union City HS, summer 2010, now at Yale
- Emma Russo, Union City HS, summer 2010, now at Brown
- Yan Wu, Montgomery HS, summer 2009, now at Princeton
- Ana Kakkar, Lawrenceville School, summer 2008