Quick Facts about the Arts - Artists/performers
This topic includes: artists and creative workers, such as painters, photographers, actors, dancers, craft-makers, and architects, as well as topics related to their financial, employment, and social service needs
- Artists' employment status
- According to the 2001 Current Population Survey, the unemployment rate for artists in 2001 was 4.0% more ....
- The Arts & the Internet: How Has Technology and the Internet Impacted San Francisco Area Artists?
- According to Information on Artists III 69% of artists state that the production of their art has been affected by advances in technology. more ....
- Challenges in Transitioning From a Professional Dance Career: An International Comparison
- The aDvANCE Project  found that, in transitioning to a post-performance
career, dancers in the United States generally reported a larger percentage
of career transition challenges, while dancers in Switzerland reported
fewer post-performance transition challenges than did dancers in either
the U.S. or Australia more ...
- How many artists are there?
- There were 2,511,000 artists in the United States in 2001, according to the 2001 Current Population Survey more ....
- How many jazz musicians are there?
- The Study of Jazz Artists 2001 estimated the number of jazz musicians in three metropolitan jazz hubs -- New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans -- at 33,003, 18,733, and 1,723, respectively more ....
- National trends in artists' occupations
- According to U.S. Census data, there were 737,000 "artists" in the labor force in 1970. Since then, the number of artists has tripled to an estimated 2,196,000 in 2001 (according to the Current Population Survey) more ....
- Transitioning from a professional dance career
- According to the aDvANCE Project [United States], professional dancers in the United States end their performance careers, on average, at the age of 34 more ....
- Which composers have historically been the most prominent in orchestra repertoires?
- According to American Symphony Orchestra Repertoires 1842-1970, a study of 27 major US symphony orchestras from the 1842-1843 season through the 1969-1970 season, Ludwig van Beethoven was persistently among the top two composers more...