Quick Facts about the Arts - Economic Aspects
This topic includes: financial and economic topics such as giving to the arts, volunteering, commercial arts and media, consumer spending, production costs, the economic impact of arts and culture, salaries, and expenses
- The Arts & the Internet: How Has Technology and the Internet Impacted San Francisco Area Artists?
- According to Information on Artists III 69% of artists state that the production of their art has been affected by advances in technology. more ....
- Challenges in Transitioning From a Professional Dance Career: An International Comparison
- The aDvANCE Project  found that, in transitioning to a post-performance
career, dancers in the United States generally reported a larger percentage
of career transition challenges, while dancers in Switzerland reported
fewer post-performance transition challenges than did dancers in either
the U.S. or Australia more ...
- From what sources do nonprofit arts and cultural organizations receive financial support?
- In fiscal year 1998, nonprofit arts and cultural organizations received 54% of their revenue from earned income, 25% from private sector income more ....
- How many Americans volunteer their time to arts and cultural organizations?
- 4.8% of Americans over the age of 21 volunteered for arts, culture, and humanities organizations during the twelve months preceeding the 2001 Giving and Volunteering in the United States survey more ....
- How much do Americans contribute to arts and culture?
- American households that made charitable contributions in 2000 gave an average of $234 to arts, culture and humanities organizations more ....
- How much do foundations contribute to arts and culture?
- The Foundation Center estimates that U.S. foundations gave approximately $3.7 billion to arts and culture in 2000, representing about 13 percent of all grant dollars given more ....
- Transitioning from a professional dance career
- According to the aDvANCE Project [United States], professional dancers in the United States end their performance careers, on average, at the age of 34 more ....