Carles Boix Home Page / Articles
· Forthcoming. A Complete Dataset of Political Regimes, 1800-2007. Comparative Political Studies. Jointly with Michael K. Miller and Sebastian Rosato.
· 2011. Democracy, Development and the International System. American Political Science Review 105 (November): 809-828. (Copyright holder: Cambridge University Press.) (Online link to APSR volume.)
· 2011. Redistribution Policies in a Globalized World. In Marion Jansen & Marc Bachetta, ed. Making Globalization Socially Sustainable. Geneva: WTO-ILO. Forthcoming. Chapter 8.
· 2011. War, Wealth and the Formation of States. Jointly with Bruno Codenotti and Giovanni Resta. In Norman Schofield, ed. Political Economy and Institutions, Springer-Verlag.
· 2010. Electoral Markets, Party Strategies and Proportional Representation. American Political Science Review. May.
· 2010. Origins and Persistence of Inequality. Annual Review of Political Science 13: 489–516.
· 2009. The Conditional Relationship between Inequality and Development. PS: Political Science and Politics 42(4): 645-649.
· 2009. The Nature of Federal Bargains: A Comment on Rodden’s “Federalism and Inter-Regional Redistribution”. In Albert Solé-Ollé, Núria Bosch, Marta Espasa, eds., Regional Fiscal Flows and the Stability of Federations. London: Edward Elgard..
· 2008. Economic Roots of Civil Wars and Revolutions in the Contemporary World. World Politics 60 (April): 390-437.
· 2008. Civil Wars and Guerrilla Warfare in the Contemporary World. Toward a Joint Theory of Motivations and Opportunities. In Stathis Kalyvas, Ian Shapiro and Tarek Masoud, , ed., Order, Conflict and Violence. Cambridge University Press. Chapter 8, pages 197-218.
· 2008. Constitutions and Democratic Breakdowns. José M. Maravall and Ignacio S. Cuenca, eds. Controlling Governments. Cambridge University Press. Chapter 8, pages 247-301. Jointly with Alicia Adsera.
· 2007. Emergence of Parties and Party Systems. Carles Boix and Susan Stokes, ed. Oxford Handbook of Comparative Politics.
· 2006. ABetween Protectionism and Compensation: The Political Economy of Trade.@ In Pranab Bardhan, Samuel Bowles and Michael Wallerstein, eds. Globalization and Egalitarian Redistribution. Princeton University and Russell Sage Foundation.
· 2006. Political Institutions and Fiscal Policy. The Political Economist. Winter.
· 2006. The Roots of Democracy. Policy Review. March
· 2003. Endogenous Democratization. World Politics 55 (July): 517-49. Jointly with Susan Stokes.
Ø Chinese version published in: Open Times, 2008, no. 194: 130-151.