Carles Boix Home Page / Work in Progress
· 2016. Democratic Capitalism at the Crossroads? Book manuscript in progress.
· 2016. The Roots of the Industrial Revolution: Political Institutions or (Socially Embedded) Know-How? Jointly with Scott Abramson.
· 2015. From Political Mobilization to Electoral Participation: Turnout in Barcelona in the 1930s. Jointly with Francesc Amat, Jordi Muñoz and Toni Rodon.
· 2015. Commerce, War and the Growth and Decline of Proto-Parliamentary Representation in Medieval and Modern Europe. Jointly with Scott Abramson.
· 2015. Born to Lead or Learning to Lead? Cognitive and Noncognitive Traits of Swedish Political Elites. Jointly with Aina Gallego and Patrik Öhberg.
· 2011. The Rise of Social Democracy. June.
· 2005. Privatization and Public Discontent in Latin America. Paper prepared for IADB project on "The Political Economy of Private Participation, Social Discontent and Regulatory Governance."
· 2005. "The Fiscal Consequences of Presidentialism." Paper prepared for Workshop on Economic Consequences of Political Institutions at Duke University, April 1-2, 2005.
· 2004. "The Institutional Accommodation of an Enlarged Europe." Paper prepared for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung. May.
· 2004. "The Origins of Party Alignments: Electoral Mobilization in Belgium, Britain and Sweden from 1880 to 1940." Manuscript. The University of Chicago. May.