Carles Boix Home Page / Work in Progress
· 2011. Economic Growth and the Evolving Structure of Advanced Economies. Paper prepared for the conference on “The Future of Democratic Capitalism”, Zurich 16-18 June 2011.
· 2011. The Rise of Social Democracy. June.
· 2011. Foundations of Limited Authoritarian Government: Institutions and Power-sharing in Dictatorships. September. Jointly with Milan Svolik.
· 2007. Federal Institutions and Democratic Stability. Jointly with Alicia Adsera.
· 2006. Bones of Contention: The Political Economy of Height Inequality. Jointly with Francis Rosenbluth.
· 2005. Privatization and Public Discontent in Latin America. Paper prepared for IADB project on "The Political Economy of Private Participation, Social Discontent and Regulatory Governance."
· 2005. "The Fiscal Consequences of Presidentialism." Paper prepared for Workshop on Economic Consequences of Political Institutions at Duke University, April 1-2, 2005.
· 2004. "The Institutional Accommodation of an Enlarged Europe." Paper prepared for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung. May.
· 2004. "The Origins of Party Alignments: Electoral Mobilization in Belgium, Britain and Sweden from 1880 to 1940." Manuscript. The University of Chicago. May.