- New nanotechnologies that will fabricate structures substantially smaller, better, and cheaper than current technology permits.
- Innovative nanoscale electronic, optoelectronic, magnetic, biological devices and meta-materials by combining cutting-edge nanotechnology with frontier knowledge from different disciplines.
News & Highlights
- On 06/29/2016, our work was highlighted as "Quick, early test for Ebola could prevent epidemics"
- On 10/21/2015, we received Schmidt fund awards to promote new technologies (A smartphone that conducts medical tests)
- On 10/08/2015, Our work was highlighted as "Electrical Engineering: Diagnosis via Smartphone: A Faster and More Portable Blood Test"
- On 09/23/2014, our work was highlighted as "Nanotech results in better and cheaper LEDS for phones and lighting"
- On 09/16/2014, Chou won Gates Foundation's Grand Challenges Exploration Award.
- On 05/20/2014, Chou won IEEE Pioneer Award in Nanotechnology
- On 05/31/2012, our work was highlighted as "Nanotechnology Breakthrough Could Dramatically Improve Medical Tests"
Exemplary Previous Research
- Invention of nanoimprint
- Invention of bit patterned media
- The first demonstration of Si single electron transistor at room temperature
- World records in transistors