University Cottage Club
Tour of the Clubhouse
Click on the pictures below to see larger versions (large files will take more time to download) and see if you can answer these quiz questions. The answers are on the bottom of the page.
1. Charles Follem McKim of the firm McKim, Mead and White.
2. The lantern is half in and half out of the fanlight, creating continuity between the exterior and the interior.
3. Kensington Palace and Hampton Court Palace.
4. "Where there are friends, there are riches."
5. Edgar Palmer 03, who, with his father contributed two-thirds of the money required to construct the clubhouse.
6. Merton College, Oxford England.
8. Sir Herbert Spencer.
9. Gorton Fauntleroy 13.
10. John Foster Dulles 08, former Secretary of State and James V. Forrestal 15, the first Secretary of Defense.