Last Updated February 8,
- Cease-fire agreed to by Israel and Palestine. CNN,
- G7 Countries consider total debt relief for selected
Feb 6. US role in the agreement appears unlikely. Reuters,
- Aid and the rebuilding in South-East Asia. Economist,
Feb 3. Disagreements continue over how to institute new
warning system among the states. CNN,
- Chinese and Taiwanese relations improve. Economist,
- EU's emphasis on economic growth. Economist,
Feb 3. Interests rates stay frozen for the Euro. BBC
news, Feb 3.
- Arab countries respond to Iraq elections. Economist,
- Diplomacy among US, Europe and Iran. Economist,
- Defense in Europe and links with China. Economist,
- Europe's role in textile trade declining. Economist,
- India challenges for fair trade reules. BBC
News, Feb 4.
- Weapons agreements change for UK and Ireland.
CNN, Feb 2.
- World leaders condemn Nepal's move to dismiss state governemnt.
- African leaders call for greater access to world markets.
- Protestors shut down Nigerian oil companies. CNN,
- Brazil's export business of soccer players. Economist,
- Wealthy lending nations agree to debt freeze for Tsunami
Jan 12. On rebuilding after the tsunami in Asia. Economist,
- Tourism hopes after the tsunami. Economist,
- EU and desire to increase trade with China. Economist,
Jan 13. EU to lift arms ban on China. BBC
news, Jan 12.
- Increased trade between China and Latin America.
Economist, Dec 29.
- China increases in activity in trading with Gulf countries.
Herald Tribune, Jan 14.
- China to increase business connections with Taiwan. Reuters,
- Futures tradings sees new leaders. Economist,
- Bolivia cancels contracts with French as protestors call
- US continues with high technology trade deficit. International
Herald Tribune, Jan 14.
- Argentina makes deal with debtholders. Reuters,
- American car owners face economic troubles. Economist,
- IAEA plans on Iran nuclear inspections. Reuters,
- Report finds loss of 1.5 million US jobs to China in last
15 years. Reuters,
- Number of foreign students in British universities drop.
- Migration across Mexican/US border increases organized
- War and peace in Africa. Economist,
- Europe to launch super rocket. BBC
news, Jan 13
- US violation of rights has consequences for international
news, Jan 13.
- Peace accords signed in Sudan after 20 plus years of civil
REPORTS AND INFORMATION
report finds that economic growth in Latin American
does not translate into decreased poverty. November 2004.
- Aid to poor countries has halved since 1960 according
to OxFam. CNN,
report on child poverty released. October 2004.
Watch coverage (results for elections in different countries)
- International Labor Organization releases Fair
Globalization: Creating Opportunities for All in February
Globalization Index released by Foreign Policy Magazine.
- Website that allows you to graphically compare nations
on a range of topics: nationmaster.com