GroceriesMcCaffrey's Free Delivery Service: Princeton McCaffrey's is a grocery store located in Princeton Shopping Center, a destination of both the NJ Transit bus system (routes 605 or 606) and Princeton University's jitney system. In addition to the specialty services listed on McCaffrey's website, they offer all basic groceries at competitive prices.
The USG has negotiated a special contract with Princeton McCaffrey's: with a minimum order of $25, Princeton McCaffrey's will deliver your groceries free of charge to your dorm room.
- When placing an order, give the following information: Name, Delivery Address, Brief directions to delivery site (i.e. general location on campus, landmarks, nearby intersections), Contact phone number, Method of payment, Order with specific sizes/quantities and names of products requested.
- Place your order by 4:00 p.m. for a guaranteed next day delivery between 12:00 noon and 4:00 p.m. No specific time can be requested.
- There is a $25 minimum on each order
- Payments can be made by cash or check upon delivery or by credit card when ordered via fax (609.683.1893) or phone (609.683.1600)
Scan-n-Shop Delivery: Scan-n-shop.com delivers groceries from local supermarkets to your room. There are no minimum orders and you get unlimited deliveries for a monthly fee of $40, plus 5% of your order total. Order from Whole Foods or Marrazzo's Market through Scan-n-Shop!
Acme Delivery: For $9.95 a trip, you can order groceries for next-day delivery from Acme Markets. Orders must be placed by 10pm.
Farmers'Greening Princeton, a student organization on campus, sponsors a semi-annual Farmers' Market open during the Fall and Spring. The Market provides a great opportunity for students to purchase organic, healthy food including fruits, vegetables, and baked goods.
Where: Firestone/Chapel Plaza
When: Tuesdays, 11am-3pm | (Fall) September 9, 2008 - October 28, 2008 | (Spring) To be announced
Local Grocery Stores
In Town: (** denotes stores are within walking distance)
- Farmer's Market **
- Olive May II Natural Foods **: Natural foods grocery store on Nassau Street (across from Hoagie Haven) that's pretty pricey but you can walk here:
255 Nassau St | Phone: 609.924.4993 | Link to map
- Whole Earth Center: Further down Nassau Street (past Harrison), also on the pricey side.
Link to map
- La Mexicana **
150 Witherspoon Street | Phone: 609.279.9404 | Link to map
- Lupita Grocery **
50 Leigh Ave | Phone: 609.279.1905 | Link to map
- McCaffrey's: More of your typical grocery store, reachable by bike or bus. McCaffrey's also has a free delivery service for orders of $50 or more. Also, check out McCaffrey's special delivery option for Princeton students
301 N Harrison St | Phone: 609.683.1600 | Link to map
- Whole Foods Market: Natural grocery store with excellent (although expensive) prepared foods. There is also a free shuttle that goes here on Saturdays. Check out Whole Food's delivery option through scan-n-shop.com.
3495 US Highway 1 | Phone: 609.799.2919 | Link to map
On Route 1 and beyond:
240 Nassau Park Blvd | Phone: 609.919.9300 | Link to map
- Shoprite: Probably the least expensive grocery store around Princeton.
Link to map
- Sam's Club: You initially have to pay $40 for the membership, but if you can buy in bulk, you will save in the long run.
Link to map
- Country Farm
#31, 7 State Rd | Phone: 609.730.9070 | Link to map
- Quick Check Food Stores
#31, 129 State Rd | Phone: 609.730.9822 | Link to map
- Speedy Mart
55 State Rd | Phone: 609.924.3006 | Link to map
- Acme Market: In addition to the store, check out Acme's delivery option.
64 Princeton Hightstown Rd | Princeton Junction, NJ 08440 | Phone: 609.452.2354; 609.720.8781 | Link to map
- Marrazzo's Market: Check out Marrazzo's delivery option through scan-n-shop.com.
1091 Washington Blvd | Robbinsville, NJ 08691 | Phone: 609.426.4400 | Link to map
Specialty Food Stores:
- Asian Market: This is a huge market in Plainsboro selling mostly East Asian food plus cheap produce and meats. Visit online at asianfoodcenter.com.
- Great Wall Supermarket: Another large Asian market in Franklin specializing in mostly Chinese food.
- Rice and Spices: Small Indian grocery store in Lawrenceville.
- DeLiteful Foods: Natural food store in Lawrenceville focusing on light and gluten-free foods.
Thanks to Liz Rosen for her contributions to this list!