ORF360: Decision Modeling in Business AnalyticsA application-driven course for junior and senior ORFE undergraduates. The course will emphasize both popular decision models arising from real applications, as well as mathematical decision-making tools and concepts. The first half of the course introduces the basic decision models in revenue management, pricing, and inventory control. The second half of the course consists of a series of business themes, such as finance, energy, healthcare, and games, and focuses on data-driven real-world applications.
- Airfare Pricing
- Consumer Segmentation Using Amazon Review Data
- Workforce Analytics at IBM
- Smarter Microcredit Decisions
- Five assignments (problem solving + data analysis)
- Quiz (basics of pricing and revenue management)
- Course Project (12min in-class presentation + 6-page report) [Project Guidelines]
ORF522: Linear and Nonlinear Optimization
Highlight: ORF522 is included in the Princeton Engineering Commendation List for Outstanding Teaching 2015-2016
ORF522 Fall 2015: [Syllabus]
ORF522 Fall 2014: [Syllabus]
Past Summer CoursesDynamic Programming and Reinforcement Learning.
Applied Mathematics Summer School
School of Mathematics, Peking University, August 2016.
Summer Course, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, August 2015.
Optimization in Big Data.
Global Scholar Summer Course, Tsinghua University, July 2014.