Monday January 26, 2015
OA Climbing Wall
The Outdoor Action top rope climbing room is 32 feet high and 66 feet across with 14 belay stations. It incorporates the latest in climbing wall technology with both vertical and overhanging sections as well as a roof and three artificial cracks. Climbers of all abilities are welcome. Experienced instructors will be on hand to teach skills and assist in solving particular climbing routes. OA will provide harness and climbing shoes.The Climbing Wall is open throughout the academic year except during breaks, reading period and final exams.
Climbing is FREE for Princeton University students, faculty and staff. Never Climbed Before? No experience necessary! We'll teach you!
OA Climbing Wall Final Exam Open Hours
Wednesday, Jan. 14 4:30 - 6:30 PM
Friday, Jan. 16 4:30 - 6:30 PM
AI Climbing Night - FREE Climbing & FREE Food
Come enjoy "hanging out" (literally) at the Wall for AI Nights when the OA Climbing Wall is open for FREE for everyone (PUID required). We'll have music, snacks, and a great atmosphere for both newcomers and experienced climbers. Check it out! Funded by the Trustee Alcohol Initiative Fund.
Thursday, January 15 - (10:30 p.m.- 12:00 a.m.)
What's Indoor Climbing All About?
Where on campus is the OA Climbing Wall?
The Wall is inside the southeast column on the second level of the Football Stadium. Click here for pdf file of OA Climbing Wall open hours and map.
Rock Climbing Resources
- Hanging Out - The Outdoor Action Climbing Wall - Princeton Alumni Weekly, November 8, 2000
- Using the OA Climbing Wall
- OA Guide to Belaying
- History of the OA Climbing Wall
- The Joe Palmer '84 Memorial Fund - help support the OA Climbing Program
- Supporting the New Climbing Wall - learn how you can help OA raise funds to endow the Climbing Program at Princeton
Local Climbing Areas
- Ralph Stover State Park, PA
- Allamuchy State Park, NJ
- Delaware Water Gap, NJ & PA
- The Gunks, NY