Wednesday July 23, 2014
Religious Services for Frosh Trip
For information regarding other churches and houses of worship in the local Princeton area, visit: http://www.princetonol.com/places_of_worship/index.cfm.
- Non-Denominational Service: A Celebration of Nature and Spirituality: The Office of the Dean of Religious Life will be offering a non-denominational service in the University Chapel on Saturday, August 30, from 8:00 - 8:30 p.m. People of all religious traditions are welcome.
- General Services: The Princeton University Chapel will be open on Saturday, August 30, at 7:00 p.m. and Sunday, August 31, starting at 6:00 a.m. for students who wish to do their own worship before departing on the trip.
- Episcopal Eucharist:Â Reverend Peter French will hold services on Saturday, August 30 at 9 p.m. in the Marquand Transept of the University Chapel
- Ecumenical Worship Service:Â Reverend Deborah K. Blanks, Associate Dean of Religious Life will hold an ecumenical worship service on Sunday, August 31 at 10:00 a.m. in the University Chapel
- Catholic Services: There will be a Catholic Mass on Saturday, August 30, at 7:00 p.m. in the University Chapel
- Jewish Services: Shabbat services will be held on the morning of Saturday, August 30 at 9:15 a.m. (Orthodox Service) and 9:45 a.m. (Conservative Service) at the Center for Jewish Life, 71 Washington Road. Interested students should contact Marni Blitz, Associate Director of the CJL at 609-258-3635 or mblitz@princeton. If you indicated that you wished to return for Sabbath observance, you will be placed on a trip close to Princeton so that you return before sundown on Friday, September 5. Your return time will typically be 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Students interested in participating in Shabbat meals on Friday, August 29, and Saturday, August 30, should contact Marni Blitz, Associate Director of the CJL at 609-258-3635, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Muslim Prayers: Murray Dodge Hall has a Muslim Prayer Room located on the third floor and open daily from 7 a.m. to midnight.Â There are no directed prayers during these times, but open space is available for meditation and prayer.
- Other Services: For information regarding other churches and houses of worship in the local Princeton area, visit: www.princeton.edu/religiouslife/find-a-religious-home/.