1. Y. Harel, The Books of Aleppo - The Rabbinic Literature of the
Scholars of Aleppo, Jerusalem 1997 (Hebrew)
1. Y. Harel, 'Leadership and Regime in the Bukharan Community in Eretz
1914-1944', Pe'amim, 35 (1988), pp. 156-169 (Hebrew)
2. Y. Harel, 'The Overthrow of the Last Aleppan Chief Rabbi', Pe'amim,
pp. 110 - 131 (Hebrew)
3. Y. Harel, 'A Spiritual Agitation in the East - The Foundation of
Community in Aleppo in 1862', HUCA, Vol. LXIII (1992), pp. ??-??
4. Y. Harel, 'The Edict to Destroy 'Em LaMikra' - Aleppo 1865', HUCA,
(1993), pp. ??-?? (Hebrew)
5. Y. Harel, 'Latakia - A Forgotten Colony of the First Aliyah',
Cathedra, 74 (1994),
pp. 62-85 (Hebrew)
6. Y. Harel, 'The Encounter of Exiles from Palestine with Damascus Jewry
Twentieth Century', Zion, 61 (1996), pp. 183-207 (Hebrew)
7. Y. Harel, 'The Status and Image of the Piccioto Family as Perceived
French Colony (1784-1850)', Michael, 14 (1997), pp. 171-186
8. Y. Harel, '"Great Progress": The Committee of Deputies and the
Damascus - Surveys, Programs and Actions', Pe'amim, 67 (1996), pp.
9. Y. Harel, 'The Influence of the Books "Pnei Yizhak", "Yismah Lev"
Nishbar" on the Struggle on the Post of the Chief Rabbi in Damascus
Asufot, 11 (1998), pp. 211-243 (Hebrew)
10. Y. Harel, 'Disagreement and Agreement - Sephardim and Musta'ribun
Aleppo', in Y. Dishon & S. Rephael (eds.), Ladinar - Research in
Music and History of the Ladino Speakers, Tel Aviv 1998, pp.
11. Y. Harel, 'The Damascus Jewish Community and Its Customs in the
Eliezer Rivlin', Pe'amim, 74 (1998), pp. 131-155 (Hebrew)
12. Y. Harel, 'Midhat Pasha and the Jewish Community of Damascus: Two
Documents, Turcica, 28 (1996), pp. 339-345.
13. Y. Harel, 'Jewish-Christian Relations in Aleppo as Background
Response to the Events of October 1850', IJMES, 30.1 (1998),
14. Y. Harel, ' The First Jews from Aleppo in Manchester: New
Evidence', AJS Review, 23/2 (1998), pp. 191-202
15. Y. Harel, 'The Controversy over Rabbi Ephraim Laniado's Inheritance
Rabbinate in Aleppo', Jewish History, 13/1 (1999), pp. 83-101