Ph.D. candidate at Freie Universität Berlin and
graduate research fellow at the Institute for Sephardic Studies of the
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC) in Madrid.
I am working on a doctoral dissertation on Rabbinic ethical literature
Judeo-Spanish from the Ottoman Empire in the 18th and 19th centuries and
try to study the transformation of Eastern Sephardic societies through this
hitherto all but ignored genre of Ladino literature.
- "Franz Rosenzweigs Kritik des Islam im 'Stern der Erlösung'," Jewish
Studies Quarterly 1 (1993/94), 340-361.
- "Eine Minderheit zwischen allen Stühlen: Israelische Muslime
Moderne," in Davids Traum: Ein anderes Israel, Habbo Knoch, ed. (Gerlingen:
Bleicher, 1998 and 1999), 275-305.
- "Islamic Legal Consultation and the Muslim-Jewish 'Convivencia',"
Studies Quarterly 6 (1999), 25-54.
- "The Jews of Muslim Spain and the Maghrib. Al-Wansharîsî's
Fatwâs as a Source for Jewish Social History," in Jewish Studies at the
Turn of the 20th Century, vol 1: Biblical, Rabbinical, and Medieval
Studies, Judit Targarona Borrás and Angel Sáenz-Badillos, eds. (Leiden:
Brill, 1999), 440-446.
- "Perception of Change in Judeo-Spanish Rabbinic Literature," Sefarad
- "Representations and Transformation of Knowledge in Judeo-Spanish
Literature: The Case of Eli'ezer and Ye'uda Papo's Pele Yo'ets," Revue des
études juives, forthcoming.