More Details about 3Y
- 11/81-08/82 Harold Crowell (FL)
- 08/82-01/85 Bob Gassie (FL)
- 01/85-09/87 Becky Rackley (TX)
- 09/87-05/94 Jim Staniforth (NJ then CA)
- 05/94-now Keith Ashfield/Bob Vanderbei
- Summer 85, in the sdt class nationals at Hobbs NM, Becky landed out
and damaged the rt wing leading edge, the belly forward of the landing gear,
and the nose. Repairs were performed 01/86 by George Applebay who completely
refinished all surfaces in PolyLux (which is similar to PresTec) since it
is more durable than Gelcoat.
- Winter 95, I landed out rolled through a shallow trough damaging
the belly in front of the landing gear. Repairs were performed by M&H
Soaring in Elmira NY.
- Summer 97, wind gust caught the open canopy during disassembly. The
fuselage rotated in its cradle and the canopy contacted the ground and
was cracked. A new canopy was ordered from the manufacturer,
Rolladen Schneider, and installed by M&H Soaring.
- I have not met the first 3 owners, but I know Jim Staniforth well and can
say that he, Keith, and I have been meticulous in keeping everything in
- Complete and extensive documentation of all maintenance/repairs is