Welcome to the Arnold group homepage
Prof. Craig B. Arnold and his research group focus on materials processing and fabrication, with applications in energy, optoelelectronics, sensing and nanotechnology.
News and recent publications
Origins of nanostructure in polymer coatings
K. Shepard, C. B. Arnold, R. Priestley, Appl. Phys. Lett. (2013) investigates the effect of two MAPLE parameters, deposition time and target concentration, on the nanoscale morphology of MAPLE deposited PMMA.
Battery capacity fade in off-grid renewables
E. M. Krieger, J. Cannarella, C. B. Arnold, Energy (2013) concludes that LiFePO4 is the best available battery chemistry for use in off-grid renewable energy systems through a long-term aging study of multiple chemistries subjected to stochastic charging profiles.
Modeling surfaces in amorphous thin films
C. Lu, D. Recht, and C. B. Arnold, Phys. Rev. Lett.(2013) develops and presents a generalized model to explain the spatial and temporal evolution of photoinduced surface structure in photosensitive amorphous thin ﬁlms.
Solution processing of chalcogenide glasses
Y. Zha, M. Waldmann, and C. B. Arnold,Opt. Mat. Exp. (2013) reviews the fundamental physics and chemistry in the solution process, along with discussing recent examples of applying the solution method to fabricate high-quality optical and photonic components.
Non-spherical particles for OTAN
Y-C Tsai, R Fardel, M M Panczyk, E M Furst and C B Arnold, IOP Nanotech. (2013) studies the optical near-field effects of OTAN using non-spherical polystyrene particles.
- Batteries Gordon Research Conference, Ventura, CA, March 2014
- ECS Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, October 2013
- COLA 2013, Ischia, Italy, October 2013
- FOEE Symposium, Irvine, CA, October 2013
- Congratulations to Yu-Cheng Tsai on passing his FPO! (9/18/13)
- Welcome to visiting student Juliana Mara Pinto de Almeida! (9/16/13)
- Welcome to incoming gradaute students Ting-Hsuan Chen and Jingjie Hu! (8/15/13)
- Welcome to new graduate student Jake Herb! (6/12/13)
- Welcome to the new summer students! (6/10/13)
- Congratulations to Elena Krieger on passing her FPO! (5/20/13)
- Welcome to Benjamin Gröschel and Ulf Quentin, two visiting students. (2/22/13)