Welcome to the Arnold group homepage
Prof. Craig B. Arnold and his research group focus on materials processing and fabrication, with applications in energy, optoelelectronics, sensing and nanotechnology.
News and recent publications
H. Jeong, S. Napolitano, C. B. Arnold, R. D. Priestley, J. Phys. Chem. Lett.(2017) introduces the examination of early stages of growth and crystallization of polymer films formed by Matrix Assisted Pulsed Laser Evaporation have been investigated for poly(ethylene oxide). Substrate temperature has a dramatic impact on the ability of films to undergo crystallization during growth.
J. Herb, C. Nist-Lund, and C. B. Arnold, ACS Energy Lett.(2016) introduces a new class of magnesium-ion battery electrolytes based on weakly coordinating fluorinated alkoxyaluminate anions.
Craig Arnold spoke at a daylong event Oct. 26 to inaugurate the new facilities of PRISM's Imaging Analysis Center (IAC) and Micro/Nano Fabrication Laboratory (MNFL).
Jon Wilson and Lee Hampton, two of our visiting students in the 2016 REU program, appear in the video posted on the university webpage along with Craig Arnold.
H. Jeong, K. B. Shepard, G. E. Purdum, Y. Guo, Y.-L. Loo, C. B. Arnold, and R. D. Priestley, Macromolecules (2016) demonstrates a polymeric thin film process in which molecular-scale crystallization proceeds with additive growth using an innovative vapor-assisted laser deposition process.
M. Duocastella, C. Theriault, and C.B. Arnold, Optics Letters (2016) tracks particles in 3D with a standard camera and no moving parts by splitting a three-color illumination into different planes using a tunable acoustic gradient (TAG) lens.
Z. J. Schiffer, J. Cannarella, and C. B. Arnold, J. Electrochem. Soc. (2016) demonstrates that strain data can be used to characterize electrode materials at practical charge rates significantly higher than is possible with voltage data.
- Congratulations to Minnie (Xinyli) Liu for winning the Larisse Rosentweig Klein Memorial award for the recognition of her outstanding research achievements!
- We welcome Nikita S. Dutta as she joins the Arnold group as a 1st year graduate student!
- Our summer students say goodbye! Good luck to you all in your future careers! (8/5/16)
- After almost two years with us, Zack is graduating and leaving the Arnold Group to start graduate school at MIT. Good luck! (8/1/16)
Talks and Conferences
- Emre Turkoz will attend the 69th APS Fluids meeting in Portland, Oregon (11/19/16 - 11/22/16)
- Our group is going to the MRS Fall Meeting in Boston (11/27/16 - 12/2/16)
- Craig Arnold will attend the ICALEO meeting (10/16/16 - 10/21/16)