2015 Lecture Slides and Assignments for
Robotics and Intelligent Systems
MAE 345, Fall 2015
School of Engineering and Applied Science
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Robotics and Intelligent Systems is an undergraduate course that presents the theory of robotic and intelligent systems. Particular attention is given to modeling dynamic systems, measuring and controlling their behavior, and making decisions about future courses of action. The content is necessarily broad, and the course level is both introductory and intense. The intent is to motivate and prepare students to conduct research projects and to pursue further study.
Twenty-three 80-minute lectures were given during the term (see Syllabus). The slides used as lecture materials are presented here. The portable document files may be downloaded for non-commercial, educational use only, with acknowledgment of the source. Several graphics found on the web are included without attribution. Any graphic material that is deemed to infringe on another's copyright will be promptly removed upon formal notification by the copyright holder.
- Lecture 1: Overview and Preliminaries
- Lecture 2: Mobile Robots, Position, and Orientation
- Lecture 3: Flying Robots, Motion, and Dynamics
- Lecture 4: Equations of Motion and Articulated Robots
- Lecture 5: Robot Arm Transformations, Path Planning, and Trajectories
- Lecture 6: Time Response of Dynamic Systems
- Lecture 7: Dynamic Effects of Feedback Control
- Lecture 8: Analog and Digital Control Systems
- Lecture 9: Sensors and Actuators
- Lecture 10: Introduction to Optimization
- Lecture 11: Numerical Optimization
- Lecture 12: Dynamic Optimal Control
- Lecture 13: Formal Logic, Algorithms, and Incompleteness
- Lecture 14: Computers, Computing, and Sets
- Lecture 15: Probability and Statistics
- Lecture 16: Classification of Data Sets
- Lecture 17: Introduction to Neural Networks
- Lecture 18: Neural Networks
- Lecture 19: Communication, Information, and Machine Learning
- Lecture 20: State Estimation
- Lecture 21: Stochastic Control
- Lecture 22: Parameter Estimation and Adaptive Control
- Lecture 23: Task Planning and Multi-Agent Systems
The course reading list can be found at Blackboard at Princeton. Additional information can be found in Robotics and Intelligent Systems: A Virtual Textbook .
Other Course Slide Sets
Seminar Slides for Optimal Control and Estimation
Lecture Slides for Aircraft Flight Dynamics.
Lecture Slides for Space System Design.
Seminar Slides for From the Earth to the Moon.
MAE 345, Robotics and Intelligent Systems
last updated January 26,2016, email@example.com.
Copyright 2015 by Robert F. Stengel. All rights reserved.