Welcome to Princeton University's 267th Commencement Web pages. This information focuses on events for all seniors and advanced degree candidates and is updated throughout the year. Please check with your student about activities that he or she is involved with and that might be planning special events around commencement. (Departmental receptions for seniors will be posted this spring.) Key event dates for 2014 are:
Sunday, June 1
- Baccalaureate. 2:00 p.m. Held in the Chapel with seating for guests in simulcast locations near the Chapel, this interfaith service features a guest speaker (this year, Christopher P. Lu '88, former White House cabinet secretary and assistant to President Barack Obama).
Monday, June 2
- Class Day. 10:30 a.m. This event is focused on the senior class and includes a guest speaker (this year, Al Gore, former Vice President). If weather permits, it is held on Cannon Green with a picnic lunch to follow (severe weather location is Jadwin Gymnasium).
- Departmental receptions for majors in the afternoon.
For Advanced Degree candidates
- Dean's brunch at the Graduate College.
- Hooding Ceremony. 5:00 p.m. Held on Cannon Green, weather permitting (rain location for candidates is Alexander Hall and for guests is the Dillon Gym simulcast location).
Tuesday, June 3
Commencement. 11:00 a.m. (guests must be seated by 10:20 a.m.). Granting of degrees and address by President Eisgruber. Distribution of diplomas in the Residential Colleges for seniors follows.
Please visit this link for Webcasts of past Baccalaureate, Class Day, Hooding, and Commencement ceremonies: http://hulk03.princeton.edu:8080/WebMedia/special/. The events are filed chronologically. Note that the WebMedia site will carry the simulcasts of these events for commencement events planned for 2014.
Pictures from Commencement 2013 -- to give you an idea of what is in store -- can be found at this link: http://www.princeton.edu/pr/gradpics/2013/.