- Glen Weyl named class of 2007 valedictorian.
- Lars Svensson appointed Deputy Governor at the Swedish Riskbank.
- Esteban Rossi-Hansberg receives a Sloan Research Fellowship for 2007.
- The Guggenheim Foundation posts the list of new Fellows for 2007.
- The IZA Prize in Labor Economics 2006 was awarded to Alan Krueger and David Card for their outstanding contributions to the field of labor economics.
- The Econometric Society announces newly elected Fellow, Per Krusell, for December 2006
- The American Economic Association announces the winners of the 2006 election for 2007 officers: Avinash Dixit to be President-elect and Anne Case on the executive committee.
- Professor William J. Baumol recently made a major contribution to economic theory, along with Ralph E. Gomory, in their book Global Trade and Conflicting National Interests.
- Memorial service held for Bill Branson at Princeton University Chapel, September 16, 2006.