- Professor Alan Blinder was inducted as the 2009 John Kenneth Galbraith Fellow of The American Academy of Political and Social Science (AAPSS) in Washington, D.C. on May 7, 2009.
- Chris Paxson selected as Dean of the Woodrow Wilson School.
- Marco Battaglini’s 2008 AER article, "A Dynamic Theory of Public Spending, Taxation, and Debt," has been selected to receive the Michael Wallerstein Award from the Organization Section in Political Economy of the American Political Science Association for best article published in 2008 in the area of political economy.
- Harvey Rosen Receives Research Award from The Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
- Gene Grossman Receives Honorary Degree from the University of St. Gallen.
- Anne Case Receives Distinguished Alumni Award at SUNY Albany, on Friday, May 1st.
- The Committee of the Bernácer Prize has the pleasure of making the following announcement: The 2008 Bernácer Prize has been awarded to Professor Markus Brunnermeier, Princeton University.
- President Barack Obama has selected Princeton's Cecilia Rouse, a well-known scholar of the economics of education, for his Council of Economic Advisers.
- Princeton Professor Alan Krueger has been nominated to serve as assistant U.S. Treasury Secretary for economic policy.
- Marco Battaglini has been awarded the 2009 Carlo Alberto Medal. This award is given annually to an Italian economist under the age of 40, for outstanding research contributions.
- Harold T. Shapiro has received the 2008 Clark Kerr Medal for Distinguished Leadership in Higher Education.
- Harrison Hong was awarded the Fischer Black Prize by the AFA in San Francisco.
- Paul Krugman officially awarded the Nobel Prize on December 10, 2008.
- Ashenfelter wins medal from Czech Academy.
- Crisis on Wall Street Panel.
- Ulrich K. Müller is awarded a Sloan Research Fellowship for 2008.
- Avinash Dixit has accepted a two-year term on the Editorial Board of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. More>>
- Princeton Conference held in honor of John Nash on his 80th Birthday. More>>