Job Market Information
- Every year, students on the job market attend the ASSA/AEA Annual Meetings in January, where interviews are conducted for jobs as economists. In order to determine readiness for the job market, students should meet with their advisors regarding the progress of their work. Students who are ready for the job market will meet with the Placement Director and the Graduate Administrator in early October for guidance and instruction on procedures.
- The first draft of a job-market paper should be ready before the end of September. CVs should be drafted and submitted by early October and personal web pages of job market candidates are expected to be ready by the end of October.
- For non-academic jobs, the Department hosts on-campus recruiting visits including the Federal Reserve Board and the IMF, as well as some private sector firms. These and most job postings can be found on the AEA’s JOE web site.
Other Support Programs for Job Market Candidates
- Career Services
- The Writing Program
- AEA JOE
- Social Science Research Network
- International Monetary Fund
- World Bank
- Other Private Sector Websites