Friend Center Classrooms and Computer Clusters
Friend Center Classrooms
- All events and meetings require reservations. Classroom reservations must be submitted at least three days prior to the planned event.
- For a media services technician or special equipment, contact Media Services directly at 258-3196.
- Cancellation Policy: You must notify the Registrar’s Office of all room cancellations.
- The Friend Center building is locked from 7pm – 7am Monday through Friday and on weekends from Friday 7pm – Monday 7am.
- For after hours and weekend entry, please submit a Public Safety Lock Form.
Friend Center Computer Clusters - Room 016 and 017
Friend Center offers 2 rooms containing public computers available for student use. These high-end computers offer access to general, as well as course-specific software. The clusters are open to all students, however, Engineering and Computer Science students have priority for use.
The computing cluster guidelines are:
- Each room contains 16 iMac computers running the OIT cluster image. The list of software is available for review here.
- Each room contains a network printer.
- Students may use their personal laptop on the wireless network in the computer clusters.
- Do not unplug the network cable for a cluster computer- doing so will set off an alarm, and will disrupt service for other students.
- The computer cluster can be reserved for use by a class or other group.
- Cluster reservations must be submitted at least three days prior to the planned event using the Friend Center Computer Cluster Reservation Form.
- Software needs for the computer cluster classrooms should be directed to Maureen Novozinsky, at 258-7503 or at email@example.com.