SEIU Summer Transfer Program
The Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Summer Transfer Program (STP) began more than 25 years ago to offer annual developmental opportunities for eligible SEIU employees. The SEIU STP and its participating organizations seek employees who are eager to learn and increase their skills. During the program, participants are expected to demonstrate initiative toward building new networks and new knowledge for increased opportunities at Princeton and beyond.
How the Program Works
To be considered for positions in the program, eligible employees must attend the Mandatory Information Session, complete an Application, AND attend the Mandatory Interview Day.
Eligibility & Qualifications
- SEIU employees who work in regular positions are eligible for the program. Casual employees are not eligible to participate at this time.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position(s) for which they apply. Prior experience is not required.
- Disciplinary records of applicants will be considered.
Opportunity for Development
- The SEIU STP can help employees increase their knowledge, skills, and developmental opportunities for advancement at Princeton University.
- Successfully completing the Program does not guarantee a promotion, but it does offer both personal and professional development for participants.
- The Learning and Development Team is available by appointment to advise employees on enhancing behaviors and skills needed to accomplish meaningful goals at Princeton and beyond.
- Participants of the SEIU STP are expected to meet performance standards set by Human Resources and the host department, including (but not limited to) time and attendance.
- The host department supervisor can issue an oral warning should performance issues occur. Behavior that does not improve may result in the participant being removed from the program.
- The host department will monitor employee performance and provide Human Resources with feedback. This feedback has an impact on future participation.
Vacation & Attendance
- Participants should not take an extended summer vacation during the SEIU STP.
- Applicants for the SEIU STP should discuss the use of personal and vacation time with the hiring managers at the Interview Day. Employee’s time off will be charged to their regular attendance record. The host department will monitor employee performance and attendance.