Verifications of Employment & Income
Information for Verifiers
Princeton University utilizes The Work Number by Equifax to automate employment and income verifications for faculty and staff. For wage garnishments or student verifications, contact Payroll at (609) 258-3082.
Verifiers who need to obtain proof of employment or income through The Work Number will need:
- the Princeton University employer code, which is 14343
- the employee’s Social Security number
- a permissible purpose for accessing the information, as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- direct employee consent, if income or salary information is needed
- credentialed access to use The Work Number
For more information, visit The Work Number or call The Work Number client service center at (800) 367-5690.
Federal, state or local agencies needing employment and income information to determine eligibility for social benefits should visit The Work Number or call (800) 660-3399 for more information on registering with and using The Work Number service.
Verifiers who do not utilize The Work Number must make requests in writing and include a signed authorization form.
Send requests to:
Human Resources Service Center
4 New South
Princeton, NJ 08544
Fax (609) 258-2420
The employee’s signature authorizing the release of information is required. If the signature is not on the form, it will delay processing. HR makes every attempt to complete verifications in a timely fashion.