Current research topics:
- Turbulence at Reynolds numbers typical of Navy operations
- SLIPS: Slippery Liquid-Infused Porous Surfaces for turbulent drag reduction at high Reynolds number
- Bio-Inspired flexible propulsors for fast, efficient swimming: What physics are we missing?
- The structure of stably stratified boundary layers
- Aerodynamics of Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWT)
- Fluid/structure interactions on flexible cylinders and curved cylinders
Past research topics:
- Stereoscopic visualization of turbulent boundary layers
- MHz rate imaging on elliptic cones in Mach 8 flow using Filtered Rayleigh Scattering
- High Reynolds number pipe flows (follow the sublink to SuperPipe).
- High Reynolds number Testing Facility: a wind tunnel for very high Reynolds number flows
(follow the sublink to SuperTunnel or HRTF).
- Control of Taylor-Couette flows
- Supersonic combustion and mixing (follow the sublink to the supersonic combustion facility).
- Compressible turbulence
- Transition in supersonic flows
- For the most recent results and developments, see What's New.