U-Store sponsors events with noted authors, Nov. 6-Dec. 10
Posted November 4, 2002; 04:35 p.m.
The University Store is sponsoring a number of events in the late fall featuring authors with Princeton connections or those of interest to the University community. The authors usually present a short talk at the store, answer questions from the audience and sign copies of their book.
Here is the schedule for the coming weeks:
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6, Jon Beckwith, professor at Harvard University Medical School, author of "Making Genes, Making Waves: A Social Activist in Science."
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, Kathleen Hall Jamieson, professor of communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and Paul Waldman, authors of "The Press Effect: Politicians, Journalists and the Stories that Shape the Political World."
- 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 14, Peter Dougherty, economics editor at Princeton University Press and author of "Who's Afraid of Adam Smith?: How the Market Got Its Soul."
- 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 19, George Dyson, historian, futurist and author of "Project Orion: The True Story of the Atomic Spaceship."
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, the McPhee sisters: Jenny McPhee, author of "The Center of Things"; Martha McPhee, author of "Gorgeous Lies"; and Joan Sullivan, author of "An American Voter."
- 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10, Esther Schor, Princeton associate professor of English and author of "The Hills of Holland."
Contact: Lauren Robinson-Brown (609) 258-3601