2014 Commencement activities planned
Sunday through Tuesday, June 1-3, 2014, various times
Several University activities for undergraduate and graduate degree candidates and their families are planned for Sunday through Tuesday, June 1-3. Tickets are required to attend the following events, except where noted:
• The Baccalaureate service will take place at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 1, in the University Chapel. Guests must be seated by 1:30 p.m. The speaker will be Christopher P. Lu, former White House cabinet secretary and assistant to President Barack Obama and a member of Princeton's Class of 1988.
• The Pan-African Graduation will be held at 5:00 p.m. June 1 in Richardson Auditorium, Alexander Hall.
• The Latino Graduation is set for 7:15 p.m. June 1 in Frick Laboratory.
• The Class Day ceremony for seniors is set for 10:30 a.m. Monday, June 2, on Cannon Green. The speaker will be Former Vice President Al Gore.
• The Hooding ceremony for advanced degree candidates will begin at 5 p.m. June 2 on Cannon Green. President Christopher L. Eisgruber and Graduate School Dean Sanjeev Kulkarni will preside over the ceremony. Norman Augustine, former chairman and chief executive officer of Lockheed Martin Corp. who holds undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University, will deliver an address.
• The University's 267th Commencement ceremony is slated for 11 a.m. Tuesday, June 3, on the lawn in front of Nassau Hall. Guests must be seated by 10:20 a.m. Eisgruber will preside and address the graduates.
Simulcast sites for the ceremonies are:
• Baccalaureate: McCosh Hall, rooms 10 and 50; McCormick Hall, room 101 (air-conditioned and accessible); Betts Auditorium in the School of Architecture (air-conditioned and accessible); Richardson Auditorium in Alexander Hall (air-conditioned and accessible); and Dillon Gym.
• Class Day: McCormick Hall, room 101 (air-conditioned and accessible); Betts Auditorium in the School of Architecture (air-conditioned and accessible); McCosh Hall room 10, and Dillon Gym.
• Hooding: Richardson Auditorium in Alexander Hall; Dillon Gym; and Dodds Auditorium in Robertson Hall. In the event of inclement weather, the Hooding ceremony will be held at Richardson Auditorium and simulcast in Dillon Gym and Dodds Auditorium in Robertson Hall.
• Commencement: Richardson Auditorium in Alexander Hall. No tickets will be required at the simulcast site.
Baccalaureate, Hooding and Commencement ceremonies are scheduled to be broadcast live on TigerNet Channel 7 on campus and in Princeton on Channel 27 for Comcast subscribers and Channel 21 for Verizon FIOS subscribers. The events also are scheduled to be webcast live and archived online for later viewing on the University's WebMedia site.
Individuals attending the University's Commencement activities can also access a mobile website that provides general information.
To ease traffic congestion, some University employees are being asked to park in alternate lots on Tuesday. In addition, employees who do not perform essential services for Commencement will be permitted to leave work at 2 p.m. June 3 with supervisory approval.
Media representatives have been requested to register for credentials by 3 p.m. Friday, May 23.
Back To Top