Civil liberties leader Romero, physics Nobel laureate Thorne to receive top alumni awards .
Princeton University will present its top awards for alumni to Anthony D. Romero, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), and Kip Thorne, co-winner of the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physics.
Statement by President Eisgruber on the release of Xiyue Wang .
President Christopher L. Eisgruber has issued a statement following the release of graduate student Xiyue Wang, who had been held in Iran since 2016.
Stone and Sturm named to National Academy of Inventors .
The National Academy of Inventors has named Princeton engineering professors Howard Stone and James Sturm among 168 fellows for 2019. Academy fellows are nominated by their peers for work that has benefited society.
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid