Resources for Visiting Professors
Welcome to the Princeton Environmental Institute. The following information has been compiled to help you with your transition to PEI.
Prior to Arrival
- PEI follows the University Academic Calendar.
- PEI can supply a loaner laptop computer during your stay. Please contact email@example.com to discuss your computing needs.
E-Mail, Office Space and Faculty Assistant Notification
- A Princeton University e-mail address will be sent to you by the end of August for the fall semester or by the end of January if you will join us in the Spring, along with your office and faculty assistant assignments. You can also look up your e-mail address online.
- Course books may be ordered for students through the Princeton Labyrinth Bookstore.
- To place reading materials on reserve and to learn about other faculty services, please visit the Lewis Library website.
- Blackboard is a powerful and easy-to-use tool suite for instructors to build and manage virtual classrooms. Private tutorials can be arranged upon your arrival.
Upon arrival, please notify PEI and proceed directly Human Resources in the New South Building, Floor A. Temporary parking is available in the New South Building parking lot. For directions, please see the campus map (printable or online).
Check In: New South Building
- I-9 Forms (Employment Eligibility Verification)
To complete the employment verification process, the Employment Eligibility Verification or the I-9 form must be filled out and signed in the presence of a University representative from the Human Resources Department.
- ID Cards
To obtain your University ID card, visit the TigerCard Office at New South Building, Floor A. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Parking Permits
All PEI employees are assigned a parking lot on campus and parking stickers are required. To obtain parking stickers, bring your University ID card and the license plate number, year, make and model of registered vehicle(s) to the TigerCard Office, New South Building, Floor A. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. For complete details on University parking regulations, visit the Public Safety website. Please note that parking regulations are vigorously enforced on campus.
Check In: PEI, Guyot Hall
Keys to assigned offices in Guyot Hall are distributed by Laura Matecha.
See your faculty assistant for details on your assigned mailbox.
Your office will be equipped with a standard telephone and voicemail system that you can program with a personalized message. For service and problems contact Laura Matecha, 609-258-6332 or Rajeshri Chokshi at 609-258-7446. Voicemail instructions will be delivered via e-mail. Visit the telecommunications website for additional information.