- Astrophysics: There is a long tradition of collaboration between the Physics and Astrophysics Departments. Professors Lyman Page (Physics), Suzanne Staggs (Physics), Paul Steinhardt (Physics) and David Spergel (Astrophysics) are particularly closely engaged in these collaborative efforts.
- Chemistry: The Chemistry Department is in a new building immediately adjacent to Physics. Chemistry Professors Roberto Car, Garnet Chan and Salvatore Torquato are closely associated with the Physics Department.
- Electrical Engineering: Professors Ravin Bhatt, Mansour Shayegan and Andrew Houck of the Electrical Engineering Department are also Associated Faculty in Physics.
- Mathematics: The Mathematical Physics group in the Physics Department includes two joint appointees between Math and Physics: Professors Michael Aizenman and Elliott Lieb. Professors Ys G. Sinai and Mihalis Dafermos are also Associated Faculty in Physics. In addition to this, several members of the Physics Department, Michael Aizenman, William Bialek, Elliott Lieb and Frans Pretorius, serve as Associate Members of the Program in Applied and Computational Mathematics.
- Molecular Biology: A growing interface between biology and physics is exploited by a number of faculty members, including Professors Robert Austin (Physics), Thomas Gregor (Physics), Joshua Shaevitz (Physics), and Ned Wingreen (Molecular Biology).
- Institute for Advanced Study: There is a close relationship between the high-energy theory groups in the Physics Department and in the Institute's School of Natural Sciences, including a joint seminar series. Cosmology and Mathematical Physics are also well represented at the Institute.
- Lewis-Siegler Institute of Integrative Genomics: Faculty members Bill Bialek, Joshua Shaevitz, and Thomas Gregor are affiliated both with the Physics Department and with Genomics. Physics faculty have been closely involved in creating a new Integrated Science curriculum for undergraduates.
- Princeton Center for Theoretical Science: Physics Professors Paul Steinhardt, Igor Klebanov, Curtis Callan, and David Huse together with Adam Burrows (Astrophysics), Jeroen Tromp (Geosciences), Salvatore Torquato (Chemistry), Roberto Car (Chemistry), and Ravindra Bhatt (Electrical Engineering) are the Faculty Fellows of this new center for the exploration of the broad sweep of theoretical science.
- Princeton Institute for the Science and Technology of Materials (PRISM): Physics faculty members involved in the interdisciplinary materials research at PRISM include Nai-Phuan Ong, M. Zahid Hasan, Jason Petta, and Ali Yazdani.