Resources for Faculty & Staff
Please click on the above link to take you to the Research at Princeton website that contains very helpful information in regards to Funding Sources, Proposal Development, Research Facilties, Compliance, Training and Education as well as the Policy Library.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS:
**New OMB Uniform Guidance** As of December 26, 2014, new Federal Regulations will be implemented which will affect awards received after this date.
OMB UNIFORM GUIDANCE - Office of Finance & Treasury Web site
- All funding opportunities will be posted no less than 60 days before a deadline.
- A computing device is considered a supply if the acquisition cost is less than $5k regardless of the length of useful life.
- Computers no longer have to be soley dedicated to one project - costs can be split between projects - ex. 50% on DOE and 50% on rebate account. It still remains that they must be essential to the performance of the federal award it is charging.
- For Cost Sharing, you must follow the agencies voluntary cost sharing policy. For NSF, only mandatory cost sharing is allowed and is to be placed on Line M of the 1st year budget only. ORPA web site provides a cost-sharing form and one form per cost-sharing source.
- Clerical costs on a federal project must be requested UP FRONT. They must be 1. Integral to the project, 2. Individual can be identifed with the project, 3. Explicitly in the budget or with prior written approval from agency, and 4. The same costs are not recovered as F & A.
- Subawards over 150,000 will have a second subaward for anything over the 1st 150,000. For example, if you have one subaward for 200,000 for an Institute they will have two subawards, one for 150,000 and a second for 50,000.
- All subawards must be clearly identified and must have an approved federally recognized indirect cost rate negotiated between the subrecipient and the Federal Government, or if no such rate exists, either a rate negotiated between the pass-through entity and the subrecipient or a de minimu indirect cost rate.
- Subrepients continued: Any non-federal entity that has never received a negotiated cost rate, may elect to charge a de minimus rate of 10% of modifed total direct costs (MTDC) which may be used indefinitely.
- If there is no prior approval for certain, unusual costs, an OPAR will need to be completed to obtain the necessary approvals from the awarding agency.
- Short-term travel visas are allowable on a federal grant. Work visas and expedited visa costs are not allowable on an federal grant.
- Foreign grantees that do not have a negotiated indirect cost rate are limited to an indirect cost rate recovery of 10% MTDC.
- If there are publication costs within 90 days of an awards expiration, they will be allowable to charge to the award.
- Princeton must liquidate all obligations incurred under the federal award not later than 90 calendar days after the award end date and where appropriate submit for final payment reimbursement.
Please visit the TRAVEL POLICY often to find out current guidelines on allowable expenses.
- Per Diem is not an allowable expense for non-employees to claim on a travel expense report. They can only claim actual expenses with receipts.
- Students must fly in economy seating. No updgrades are allowable unless it is medically required and justification must be provided.
- Gas receipts are only acceptable if a rental vehicle was used during travel. If a personal vehicle was used, mileage will be reimbursed at the rate of $0.56 per mile.
The Budget and Grant office is available to assist faculty, staff, and students with both pre and post-award grant issues. Whether you are submitting a new proposal, requesting supplemental funding, checking on your current grant expenditures or closing out your account, we are here to assist you through the process.
|Courtney Kohut||Assistant Grants Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Laura Deevey||Budget & Grants Manageremail@example.com|
|Elaine Bridges||Grants Administratorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Stephanie Rumphrey||Assistant Grants Administratoremail@example.com|