Office Key Policies
Physics Department policy on the issuance of keys for ALL department spaces - office, lab, classroom and storage spaces:
- Keys are issued on an as-needed-basis and only to members/visitors in good standing.
- The Department Manager's Office is the sole source for keys to department office and lab spaces.
- Under no circumstances is any member of the department to be issued a key for any department space without the expressed approval of the Department Manager or the Associate Chairs.
- The Department Manager and the Assistant to the Department Manager are the only individuals permitted to issue keys.
- Individuals in need of keys should have their immediate supervisor/advisor make the request directly to the Department Manager or to the Assistant to the Department Manager. Individual supervisors will be notified when a key has been issued.
- There is a $3 deposit per key. The deposit is returned when the key is returned. A fee of 10 dollars for each lost key is required.
- Stolen keys should be reported to the Public Safety Office as soon as possible.
- All changes to department cores must be coordinated thru the Special Facilities Supervisor or his designate.
- Under no circumstances are keys to be copied and or loaned out.
- Individuals possessing duplicate or redundant keys specific to their program or area of the department should return those keys to the Department Manager’s Office without exception.
Questions or concerns regarding the above should be directed to the Department Manager.
Updated: July 2011 - Dept. Manager