Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics
Department of Molecular Biology
Princeton Neuroscience Institute
Research in my lab focuses on three key questions in biophysics:
(i) How are behaviors organized and represented by the brain?
(ii) How do proteins build cells of the correct size and shape?
(iii) How do cells create complex population-scale patterns?
Before coming to Princeton, I studied at Columbia, Stanford, and UC Berkeley where I was a Miller Research Fellow.
For more information about my laboratory and research see: http://sites.google.com/site/shaevitzlab
Teaching AY 2015-2016:
- Sabbatical (Fall)
- ISC233/4 An Integrated, Quantitative Introduction to the Natural Sciences III/IV (Spring)
- I am an academic advisor in Rockefeller College
- Information about doing a JP or senior thesis with me can be found here
- Mail: 244 Icahn Laboratories, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 609.258.8177
- Fax: 609.258.7070
See these online listings for a complete list of my publications
- Whole-brain calcium imaging with cellular resolution in freely behaving Caenorhabditis elegans. JP Nguyen, FB Shipley, AN Linder, GS Plummer, M Liu, SU Setru, JW Shaevitz, AM Leifer. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 201507110 2 (2015)
- RodZ links MreB to cell wall synthesis to mediate MreB rotation and robust morphogenesis. RM Morgenstein, BP Bratton, JP Nguyen, N Ouzounov, JW Shaevitz, Z Gitai. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 112 (40), 12510-12515 (2015)
- Simple Experimental Methods for Determining the Apparent Focal Shift in a Microscope System. BP Bratton, JW Shaevitz. PloS one 10 (8), e0134616 1 (2015)
- Directional reversals enable Myxococcus xanthus cells to produce collective one-dimensional streams during fruiting-body formation. S Thutupalli, M Sun, F Bunyak, K Palaniappan, JW Shaevitz. Journal of The Royal Society Interface 12 (109), 20150049 (2015)
- Mapping the stereotyped behaviour of freely moving fruit flies. GJ Berman, DM Choi, W Bialek, JW Shaevitz. Journal of The Royal Society Interface 11 (99), 20140672 (2014)