Online forum to feature ‘tiger tomes’
Princeton NJ — The Alumni Association is launching an online book club this fall focusing on works by Princeton authors, both alumni and faculty.
“Tiger Tomes: Princeton’s Online Book Club” will run from September through April and is open to all members of the University community. Each semester, the book selections will include one work of fiction and nonfiction, plus a wildcard book.
For each selection, an online discussion forum will allow participants to explore the author and book in more detail. The forum will include reviews of the book, interviews with the author, supplemental materials and an online discussion group. When possible, an event will be scheduled at the end of each month to allow participants to discuss the book, or themes related to the book, with other Princetonians.
The selections for this year are:
• September — “The Rule of Four” by Ian Caldwell ’98 and Dustin Thomason.
• October — “In Her Shoes” by Jennifer Weiner ’91.
• November — “The United States of Europe: The New Superpower and the End of American Supremacy” by T.R. Reid ’66.
• February — “China Inc.: How the Rise of the Next Superpower Challenges America and the World” by Ted Fishman ’80.
• March — “Aloft” by Chang-Rae Lee, professor of the Council of the Humanities and creative writing.
• April — “Next: The Future Just Happened” by Michael Lewis ’82.
For more information, visit <tigernet.princeton.edu/ Education/TigerTomes05-06.asp>.