Windows (32 bit)
Follow the steps below to add one of the SoA printers to your computer in order to print.
Click on the Start Button.
Pull up to Run and type in the following command: \\ANNIE
If you are not logged into the Princeton domain, you will be prompted for your username and password. Use the following as your username, replacing netID with your own: princeton\netID
A window will appear with all the printers on the print server ANNIE. Under the View menu, pull down to Details view to see full printer descriptions.
Double-click on the desired printer under the 'Name' column.
You will receive the following prompt: "Before you can use the printer '\\annie\printername,' it must be set up on your computer. Do you want Windows to set up the printer and continue this operation?"
- Click on yes and the printer will be added to the system for that user only.
Mac OS 10.5
To print to SoA printers using a Mac OS X computer, use IP Printing. IP Printing is an option for printing that is based on Mac OS X's Unix abilities and uses only the basic IP address of the printer.
- First you must find the IP Address of the printer you need. You will find the IP address for each printer labeled on the front of the device.
- From Macintosh HD-->Applications-->Utilities open Printer Setup Utility (in 10.3 and below it is called Print Center).
- Go to Printers in the menu and select Add Printer.
- Click the IP Printing icon (or select IP Printing from the pull-down menu).
- In the top pull-down menu (the second pull-down menu in 10.3 and below) select LPD/LPR or Line Printer Daemon - LPD.
- In the Address field, type in printer's IP Address. You can leave the Queue field blank.
- You can fill in the Name and Location fields as you desire.
- In the Print Using pull-down menu (Printer Model in 10.3 and below), the correct printer model will need to be selected if you need to change advanced print settings (such as single-sided and double-sided printing). If not, the generic printer driver will suffice.
- If the printer is not listed, please go to the printer manufacturer's web site and obtain the correct driver package.