Welcome to the handout for OIT's class on PHP/MySQL Web Development Using Dreamweaver. Rather than giving you a paper handout it seems appropriate to present this material on the web (at location http://www.princeton.edu/~daveh/dwphpclass_guide). The objectives of this four-hour class are to give you fundamental training in the basics of creating PHP/MySQL web applications using Dreamweaver. Specifically you will:
- Use the phpMyAdmin utility to create one table and modify another in a MySQL database
- Create a web page to input new records into a table
- Modify that page so that it uses a Dreamweaver template
- Create a master-detail page set and modify those pages to use the same Dreamweaver template
- Clone your input page and master page and modify them so they can be used to edit existing records
- Create a page allowing you to insert and delete records in a supporting table.
In order to successfully follow this guide and do the exercises on your own we make the following assumptions:
- You are affiliated with Princeton University and have a valid NetID.
- You know the Unix password for this netid. (To avoid any confusion it is highly recommended that you use the P-Synch utility to synchronize your multiple PU system passwords before attending this class.)
- You have created an Instructional MySQL Account for the above netid.
|20||1||Defining MySQL tables with phpMyAdmin|
|10||2||Defining your Dreamweaver Site for Webscript|
|20||5||Master-detail page sets|
|60||7||Maintaining support tables|
OIT Database Application Services