Just as the movement of the heavens was believed to influence the weather,
so it was believed that it could influence human physiology. The set of
correspondences between the human and the universe has become known by the
shorthand "microcosm/macrocosm". Hearkening to Platonic ideas, the
microcosm of the human body was thought to contain cosmic relationships of
the macrocosm of the universe. Each part of the body was associated with
- Head, eyes, adrenals, blood pressure.
- Neck, throat, shoulders, ears.
- Lungs, nerves, arms, heads [sic], fingers.
- Chest wall, breasts, some body fluids.
- Heart, spine, upper back, spleen.
- Abdomen, intestines, gallbladder, pancreas, liver.
- Lower back, hips, kidneys, endocrines.
- Reproductive organs, pelvis, urinary bladder,
- Thighs, legs.
- Knees, bones, skin.
- Ankles, blood vessels.
- Feet, some body fluids.