January 30, 2002: Memorials


Stan died on Sept. 27, 2001, from a cerebral aneurysm he suffered after visiting his closed office near the World Trade Center. He was 86.

A member of Quadrangle Club and Phi Beta Kappa, Stan was the intercollegiate pole vault champion in both 1936 and 1937, and his Princeton record of 13 ft., 10 1/4 in. stood for 24 years, long after fiberglass poles superseded the rigid bamboo poles. His list of Princeton volunteer activities (including class secretary, president, treasurer, reunion chair, and Alumni Council) encompasses two single-spaced pages.

On the Law Review at Columbia like his father, Judge Harold R. Medina ’09, and his brother, Harold Jr. ’34, before him, Stan was a trust and estates lawyer. Admitted to the bar in New York and New Jersey, he was a joint partner in the NYC firm of Medina & Miller, and, after 1972, a sole practitioner until his death.

Married for 57 years to the late Hope Kiesewetter, Stan lived in Morristown, N.J., and Westhampton, N.Y. Predeceased by his oldest son, Standish “Forde” Medina Jr. ’62, he is survived by his son, Jeremy ’64, his daughter, Meredith Murray, seven grandchildren (including Tray Medina Evarts ’90), and five great-grandchildren.

The Class of 1937


L. Page Brown ’40

In the words of the “Splendid Splinter” Ted Williams, “Page Brown was a hell of a fisherman.” That was but one tribute to the avid environmentalist and sportsman who died on Sept. 11, 2001, in Miami after an illness.

Page was a lifelong resident of Villanova, Pa.; he prepared at the Haverford School before attending Princeton.

He was preceded in death by his daughter, Page Brown Cheskin, and is survived by his wife, Margaret Rulon-Miller Brown, two daughters, Caroline Constant and Marechal Brown, and four grandchildren.

The Class of 1940


Robert B. Duffield ’40

Bob died at his home in Norwood, Colo., on Dec. 26, 2000, after a brief illness with acute leukemia. He prepared at Asbury Park H.S. At Princeton, he majored in chemistry, graduated with highest honors, winning membership in Sigma Xi and Phi Beta Kappa. He was a member of Court Club.

He received a PhD in chemistry at the U. of California, Berkeley. He then joined the first group at the Manhattan Project site near Santa Fe, later known as Los Alamos, to work on the development of the atomic bomb. At the end of World War II, he joined the faculty of the U. of Illinois in Urbana.

From 1956-66 Bob did nuclear research for General Dynamics Corp. From 1967-73 he was director of the Argonne Natl. Laboratory near Chicago. He then returned to Los Alamos for five years to head a division exploring alternative energy possibilities. He retired to Norwood, Colo., in 1978, later consulting at the Salk Institute Biotechnology/ Industrial Associates in La Jolla.

In the mid-1970s Bob and his wife, Priscilla, joined Rube Ross on a rafting trip on the Yampa-Green Rivers.

He is survived by his wife, daughters Libby Boorkman and Deborah Duffield, and a grandson, Miles Brokaw Duffield.

The Class of 1940


Joseph G. Engel ’40

We regret the time lapse in honoring Joe, who died May 7, 2000.

He prepped at Pingry School, and as an alumnus he was a trustee and treasurer. He received the school’s highest alumni award, the Letter-in-Life.

At Princeton he majored in politics, graduating with honors. A graduate of Yale Law School, he founded his own law firm of Engel and Devlin in Warren, N.J.

He was former president of the General Board of Proprietors of Eastern Division of N.J.; founding member of the Union County Bar Assn.; board of governors’ member of the N.J. Historical Society, member of the executive committee of the Yale Law School Alumni Assn. — to name a few. He founded and was former president of the Legal Aid Society of Union, N.J., a testament to his caring and giving nature.

“Joe Engel was an extremely gifted lawyer. His integrity was without peer. Notwithstanding his success in all walks of life, Joe had a true compassion for those less fortunate,” said US District Judge Alfred Wolen.

Surviving are his wife of 52 years, Jane Demarest Engel, three sons, William V., Richard F., and Robert J., a brother, Edward G., a sister, Mary E. Flannery, and five grandchildren.

The Class of 1940


Michael Joseph McCrudden Jr. ’40

Mike, a long-time resident of the Seattle area, died Jan. 20, 2001, from complications from a fall.

Mike was a graduate of Haverford School; at Princeton he majored in economics, graduating with high honors. His sports were track and soccer and he belonged to Cottage Club.

In 1941 he was commissioned in the Navy, serving on the battleship New Mexico on convoy duty in the North Atlantic and the Pacific theaters. Prior to his discharge as lieutenant commander in 1945, he served as the executive officer of the Combat Information Center in Little Creek, Va.

Mike’s career was in management and as a marketing consultant in Philadelphia. He was active at All Saints Episcopal Church in Wynnewood and with local Boy Scout troops. In 1981, he and his wife moved to Sequim, Wash., where he worked for the Information and Assistance for the Aging Program under the Olympic Area Agency for the Aging. He was devoted to his church, the senior center, and the United Way.

He is survived by his wife of 60 years, Rosemary “Petie” Gamwell, four sons, Michael, Christopher (treasurer of Princeton), Stephen, and Philip, as well as seven grandchildren, including Kimberly ’93.

The Class of 1940



“Bud” died at home on Feb. 12, 2000, surrounded by his loving family. He underwent the removal of a brain tumor 40 years ago, and a cancer of the pancreas 17 years ago, and was proud to survive. In each case he was able to return to his career as a children’s surgeon.

Born in Montclair, N.J., he attended the Thatcher School, and after Princeton, obtained his medical degree from Columbia.

He served as a lieutenant in the Navy during WWII in the Pacific theater. One of the country’s earliest pediatric surgeons, he was on the staff of St. Luke’s Hospital, Children’s Hospital of LA, and Huntington Memorial Hospital for many years.

To quote Bud, “In retrospect, the work I did 40 years ago on tissue transplantation as a Harvard teaching fellow in surgical research has proved worthwhile. Twenty-five years ago I founded the Pacific Assn. of Pediatric Surgeons, now the first or second largest organization of its kind in the world.”

Predeceased by his daughter Jane, he is survived by his wife, Gloria, his brother, Leonard, sons Irving III and Ted M., daughters Ann Schiebelhut and Claire Arthur, 12 grandchildren, and one great-grandchild.

His classmates regret the delay in honoring him; he will be missed.

The Class of 1940



Edd died on Dec. 31, 1998, at his home in Upper Saddle River, N.J., from complications of Parkinson’s disease.

He prepared at Phillips Academy, following his brother, Walter ’36, to Princeton. He majored in modern languages and literature, graduating with departmental honors; his club was Cannon.

During WWII, Edd was a special agent in military intelligence, serving in Africa and Europe. As a reserve officer he was recalled to active duty in 1951 for the Korean War.

Edd later formed his own company (insurance brokerage and securities) and was a director of a number of small companies dealing in industrial products. He served as president of the Hillsdale, N.J., board of directors, was active in local politics, a Civil War buff, and an organic gardener. The Taradashs restored an 18th-century farmhouse; many of their vacations involved collecting antiques and their interest in decorative arts and early American buildings.

“ Tootie” (Ethel Marie Heiderscheid), his wife of 42 years, predeceased him. He is survived by his children, Frances L. James, Anne C. ’78, who provided many of the details, James E., Marie E. Ganz, William C., (his son Matthew L. died in 1994), and four grandchildren. To them all, the class expresses its belated but heartfelt condolences.

The Class of 1940


William Snyder Sherman '41

Bill died Sept. 12, 2001, after a long illness. A native of Albany, N.Y., he preppred Andover. At Princeton, Bill roomed with Al Van Court, but then left after one year. He served with distinction during WWII from 1940-45, largely in Australia and New Guinea as a captain in the Army Transportation Corps.

After service, Bill graduated from Newark College of Engineering with a BS-ME degree. He worked for Gray Manufacturing in Pittsburgh as director of sales 1953-57.

In 1957 he began a career with Ensign Bickford, including serving as president of the Darwurth Co., retiring as vice president in 1983. In 1989, Bill moved to Hobe Sound, Fla. A lover of animals, he spent years caring for them at the Treasure Coast Wildlife Hospital in Hobe Sound.

He is survived by his wife, Joyce; his daughter Pamela Binder; a son, Thomas; his stepdaughters, Terra Fuller and Shauna Fiorello; and his stepson Brett Powers. He was predeceased by his first wife, Emily, and his daughter Martha.

The Class of 1941


Ralph Wells Buddington Jr. ’42

Bud died Sept. 9, 2001, at his home in Covington, La. After a career in medicine, teaching psychiatry, he retired more than 10 years ago.

Joining the class from Deerfield Academy, Bud majored in biology, was elected to Sigma Xi, and was a member of Quadrangle Club. After graduation he earned his MD at Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons. He later joined the faculty of Tulane Medical School, becoming associate professor, and then professor of psychiatry. He also managed Tulane Psychiatric Service, at Charity Hospital, in New Orleans.

To his wife, Phyllis, to his children, Eric and Pamela, and to his two grandchildren, the class extends its profound sympathies.

The Class of 1942


Norman Ellsworth Holzkamp ’42

Norm died Aug. 12, 2001, of prostate cancer, in Walnut Creek, Calif. After 26 years with Ford Motor Car Co., in a number of executive capacities, he retired in 1981.

He prepared for Princeton at the Taft School, majored in classics, and was a member of Tower Club. Following graduation, Norm spent three and a half years in the Army Air Corps, rising from private to tech sergeant. Following the war, he cut his teeth in the automobile business as secretary/treasurer of Lincoln Park Buick Co., in Chicago. Joining Ford, he served for several years as marketing specialist in the Lincoln/Mercury division, in the Midwest. Moving to California, some years later, he became general field manager of the LA division. He ultimately was promoted to assistant manager of the entire western region, a position he held until he retired.

To his wife, Shirley; to his children, Wayne, Dean, Laura, and Doug; and to his eight grandchildren, the class extends its condolences.

The Class of 1942



Bob died Apr. 12, 2001, after a short illness. He was 76 and was born and educated in Lyndhurst, N.J.

Bob came from a long line of Princetonians: grandfather Luther E. Price 1888, father William E. Price ’23, and two uncles. He was prepared to enter Princeton in 1943 but because of WWII entered the Navy V-12 program. He was sent to MIT and Dartmouth, from which he graduated. After his war service he entered Princeton, studied engineering and received his master’s in 1947.

Bob had a long, distinguished career as a professional engineer. He was manager engineering of Interpace Corp. from 1961-78 and president of Openaka Corp. from 1978-2001.

He was a fellow of the American Concrete Institute and a director of ACI from 1981-84. He also authored numerous articles relating to cement and concrete. His specialty was large diameter pipe.

Bob served on Denville, N.J.’s boards of health and adjustment.

He is survived by his wife of 54 years, Margaret, sons Alexander and Robert, three grandchildren, and a brother. To the entire family, the class extends its deepest sympathy.

The Class of 1947



Dave died on Jan.1, 2001. He had had heart-bypass surgery in 1986 and had enjoyed excellent health since. However, on Jan. 1 he suffered a severe stroke, and died peacefully several hours later.

He was born in 1925 in Cleveland and graduated from Mercersburg Academy in 1943, where he participated in football and wrestling. He entered Princeton in the fall of 1943. He was among 30 students selected to attend the Annapolis Officer’s Training Program and the U. of Pennsylvania, from which he graduated as an ensign. He served in this capacity in the Navy during WWII. Dave returned to Princeton after the war and graduated in June 1948. He was a member of Ivy Club.

He was the owner and president of Gateway Products Co. in Coraopolis, Pa., and a member of the Harvard, Yale, Princeton Club of Pittsburgh and the Founders and Patriots Society. Both Dave and his wife of 47 years, Sarah, were members of families with multigenerational Princeton ties.

In addition to his widow, Dave is survived by son John, daughter Isabel Cabanne, a brother, a sister, and five grandchildren. To the entire family, the class extends its deepest sympathy.

The Class of 1947


Hugh Allan Burns ’52

Hugh died at home in Denver on June 10, 2001, after a 30-year struggle with chronic, progressive multiple sclerosis. He left an array of remarkable achievements and standards for us. At Princeton, he was in SPIA, Phi Beta Kappa, graduated with high honors, and was a Rhodes Scholar. After law degrees from Oxford and the U. of Chicago Law School, he joined the leading Denver firm of Dawson, Nagle, Sherman and Howard. He was an outstanding trial lawyer, by all accounts universally known for his skill and integrity. A former partner described him as “the generalissimo of big cases whose brilliance as a lawyer and mastery of crisis management were unparalleled.” He was a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Hugh’s interests seemed limitless, with his family and friends first, along with a passionate commitment to justice and fairness. Good humor and good will were fundamental parts of him, and the sheer joy of his laugh will always be with us.

The deepest sympathies of his classmates are extended to his wife, Beverly, his children, Laurel, Hugh Jr. (Huck), and Catherine, and his grandchildren, Nika, Genta, Lloyd, and Clay.

The Class of 1952


McNair Evans ’52

McNair Evans died from a heart attack at his home in Laurinburg, N.C., on Nov. 1, 2000. His memorial service was held in the Laurinburg Presbyterian Church, where he had been a Sunday school teacher and chair of the board of deacons. Classmates attending the service included Mac Cromwell, Bob Eby, Bob Jiranek, Tom Knight, Fuzzy Neville, Bill Pritchard, Ed Tiryakian, George Buxton, Walt Craigie, and Joe Fiveash, of whom the last three were Mac’s college roommates. From this group also came the leadership that raised in excess of $150,000 to endow a scholarship in McNair’s memory at Woodberry Forest.

Always a steady friend and a calming presence, McNair belonged to Cottage Club, was active in the Westminster Foundation, and graduated with honors in economics.

Following his MBA from Harvard Business School, he spent two years in the Army Ordnance Corps. Mac returned to Laurinburg to manage family businesses related to farming. He devoted his life to his family and church, and to community service.

McNair is survived by his wife, Patricia, his children, Martha, Patricia, and McNair Jr., a sister, Ann McIver, and brothers John and Murphy ’54. His brother Hervey ’47 predeceased him. The class extends to the family its deepest condolences.

The Class of 1952


William T. Dalton ’54

Our beloved classmate Bill Dalton died Sept. 23, 2001, after a prolonged illness. Born in NYC, Bill prepped at Portsmouth Priory. At Princeton, he was a member of Tiger Club and was its sports manager. He was also sports editor of the Prince.

After graduation, he spent two years in the Army during the Korean War and then went to graduate school at Rutgers U. He served our class as secretary for 10 years and also in other positions; he hosted many postgame functions at Tiger Inn. He was active in Boy Scouts and church work. Bill spent his adult life teaching history at Brick Township H.S.

The class sends its sympathy to his two sisters, and five nieces and nephew.

The Class of 1954


Michael James McTighe ’57

Mike McTighe’s death from lung cancer on Sept. 30, 2001, in Delmar, N.Y., took a bright and independent spirit from us. Born in NYC, Mike attended Phillips Exeter, where he was a top student, yearbook editor, and varsity crew member. At Princeton, Mike pursued his crew interest, joined Ivy Club, and continued his scholarship in the Special Program in Humanities.

Following graduation he completed a four-year NROTC Marine Corps tour in the Pacific region. Mike learned Japanese, and served as Naval attaché in Japan. Subsequently, he spent 15 years with Citibank in the Orient and several more in real estate in Hong Kong, working with Gordon Wu ’58. Earning a law degree in 1986, he practiced in Alaska and California, before taking on litigation responsibilities for the New York State Dept. of Social Services in 1989.

Mike was an active and adventurous mountain climber, skier, scuba diver, sailor, and backpacker. He was also an enthusiastic member of the Block Island Conservancy.

Mike is survived by three children from former marriages: Timothy, Christian, and Heather. We extend to them our sympathy. Memorial contributions may be made to the Block Island Conservancy, P.O. Box 84, Block Island, RI 02807.

The Class of 1957


Arthur F. Davidsen ’66

The class lost one of our country’s most distinguished astrophysicists when Art Davidsen died July 19, 2001. Art had a recurring lung disorder, and died in the arms of his wife, Frauke. He was 57.

Art came to Princeton from Freeport, N.Y., and roomed with Steve Reich ’66, T. R. Reid ’66, and Fred Talcott ’66. That’s the crew that invented J.D. Oznot ’68, and Art was at the center of the plot. He took Oznot’s SAT exams and was furious that he scored only 792 on the math test. Art played many instruments and was the mainstay of a rock band that included Dave Kidd ’66. After serving on a destroyer during Vietnam and earning a PhD in astronomy at Berkeley, Art joined the physics faculty at Johns Hopkins. The NY Times wrote that he was the “prime mover in transforming the university into an astronomical powerhouse.” Art was one of the world’s leading experts on the intergalactic medium, the primordial ooze left over from the Big Bang. The license plate on his beloved Harley-Davidson Fatboy read “HUT-PI,” representing another of his titles, principal investigator for the Hopkins Ultraviolet Telescope.

He is survived by Frauke, two sons, and two stepsons.

The Class of 1966


Charles A. McCrann ’68

Charlie perished on Sept. 11, 2001, when a hijacked jetliner slammed into 1 World Trade Center, a few yards below his 100th floor office. Charlie prepped at Lawrenceville School. At Princeton, he majored in history, was an active member of Tower Club, Orange Key, Whig-Clio, and the Young Republicans, and roomed with Rick Ferris, Rich Huberman, and Steve Whelan.

After Yale Law School, Charlie joined the NYC law firm of LeBoeuf Lamb Greene & McCrae, specializing in insurance, corporate, and regulatory matters. He then became special counsel to the New York State Assembly Insurance Committee. In 1980, Charlie joined insurance conglomerate Marsh & McLennan, rising to senior vice president. Colleagues noted how Charlie not only provided instant, documented answers to complex issues involving taxes or solvency regulations, but also was gifted in dealing with government officials.

Always possessed of a whimsical streak, Charlie would have said that the high point of his career was producing, directing, and (as Charles Austin) starring in the 1980 horror film Toxic Zombies. In truth, he was devoted to his wife of 22 years, Michelle, and their children, Derek and Maxine. To them and his many friends, the class extends its deepest sympathy.

The Class of 1968



Glenn died on Apr. 13, 2001, at Lankenau Hospital in Lower Merion Township, Pa. He was 47.

Born in Lawrenceville, N.J., he lived there until coming to Princeton from Lawrence H.S. After graduation from Princeton with a degree in biology, he went on to earn a DMD degree from Fairleigh Dickinson Dental School. Glenn completed his residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at the U. of Conn. Medical Center in Hartford, where he was chief of residents. He practiced oral surgery in New Jersey and eventually had his own practice, Oral Surgery Associates, in Philadelphia.

Glenn’s wife, Kelley A. Fitzpatrick Stec, predeceased him by two years. Their son, Jonathan Evan, is now 11. In addition to Jonathan, Glenn is survived by his parents, Benjamin and Jean, two uncles, an aunt, and several cousins. He was buried in Princeton Cemetery.

The Class of 1975


Martin P. Wohlforth ’76

“Buff” was a victim of the Sept. 11, 2001, World Trade Center tragedy. He worked as a managing director of Sandler, O’Neill & Partners on the 104th floor of 2 WTC.

Strong and lasting friendships marked Buff’s entire life — when he was growing up in Demarest, N.J., and attending Bergen Catholic HS, at Princeton, and later in Greenwich, Conn. Buff lived life to the utmost at Princeton. He studied politics, played varsity golf, and was a unanimously popular member of Cottage Club. Save for a few gray hairs, he showed that things hadn’t changed at the 25th reunion last June, by joyfully renewing friendships, and even winning the alumni golf tournament.

Buff’s success at life showed not only through his friendships and career on Wall Street, but also through an incredibly close and committed family. Buff’s wife, Susan, and daughter Chloe, parents Bob ’47 and Mariann, sisters Priscilla Stumm ’72 and Lili Tatsuno, together with extended family that includes nieces Ali Stumm Pogorelec ’99 and Amanda Stumm ’01, cousins Eric Wohlforth ’54 and Charles Wohlforth ’86, and father-in-law Dominic Telesco ’52, are lasting proof to the power and strength of family. Buff’s wonderful spirit will continue through them.

The Princeton U. Martin “Buff” Wohlforth ’76 Memorial Fund will benefit the varsity golf team.

The Class of 1976


Robert Deraney ’80

Robert Deraney was born on Apr. 20, 1958. He was killed Sept. 11, 2001, during the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. Bob was attending a breakfast meeting at Windows on the World restaurant.

Bob’s untimely death deprives our community of a living expression of the kind of cultural understanding and open-mindedness that is so sorely needed to bring peace to the Middle East. Bob, a Lebanese American, was a Near Eastern studies major, and taught after graduation at Lebanon Intl. College in Beirut with Princeton-in-Asia. Terry Wrong ’80, who was posted in Beirut with Bob, recalls, “In a region where everybody has an opinion and usually a closed mind to go with it, he was gentle, reasonable, and open to the views of others.”

Deraney, a graduate of Wharton Business School, worked as a financial consultant and Internet specialist in NYC prior to his death. Bob will be remembered as a deeply caring friend and devoted son and brother.

Bob was an avid student of Arabic poetry and an accomplished ballet dancer and theatrical performer on campus. He will be deeply missed by those whose lives were touched by his humor and generosity.

The Class of 1980



Suzanne died on June 3, 2001, after a two-year battle with Hodgkin’s lymphoma. At Princeton, Suzanne majored in psychology, cocaptained the women’s basketball team, and was a member of the women’s track team. After Princeton, she earned an MBA at Rutgers U., and then started her career as a research analyst. Suzanne quickly garnered a reputation in the industry for thorough research and tough calls. Leveraging her research experience, Suzanne moved into portfolio management and developed a well-known value-based investing style. After managing a number of small-cap growth funds, Suzanne struck out on her own with the formation of Zak Capital in 1999, and launched the Minotaur Hedge Fund. Suzanne was frequently quoted in business news, was profiled in Institutional Investor, and was seen on Wall Street Week with her Harley-Davidson. She served on a number of boards, and was a respected and prominent member of the Minneapolis community. In addition, Suzanne was a strong supporter of the Princeton Alumni Assn., Friends of Princeton’s Women’s Basketball, GLAAD, and Habitat for Humanity. Suzanne also operated her own charitable foundation.

Suzanne is survived by her partner, Dr. Mary Andrashko, her parents, her brother, Stephen, and his family.

The Class of 1982


John T. Schroeder ’92

John died Sept. 11, 2001, in NYC in the attack on the World Trade Center. He was a Nasdaq trader at Fred Alger Management, a position he had held only for a few months, after working for several years for Harvey, Young and Yurman.

John came to Princeton from St. Anthony’s HS in Huntington Station, N.Y. At Princeton, John played on the lacrosse team, and was a member of Cap and Gown Club. He was known to most of his classmates as “Stinky,” and will be best remembered by them as someone with an easy smile who reveled in good times with his friends. “He would drop anything to have fun with his friends – especially to have fun with his friends,” said David Shefferman ’92.

His senior year, John played a key role in the Tigers’ winning the lacrosse national championship. In a tie game with one man down, he intercepted a pass that enabled the Tigers to return to offense – and score the overtime goal that captured the victory.

He is survived by his father, John, brother Matthew, sisters Amy and Erin, and a beloved nephew, Conor. The class extends its deep sympathy to his family.

The Class of 1992


George V. Walsh *52

George V. Walsh died on Nov. 8, 2001, at his home in Salisbury, Md., after a long illness. He earned his AB in philosophy from Williams, his MA from Brown, and his PhD from Princeton. He held professorships in philosophy at Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Eisenhower College, and Salisbury U. He was a cotranslator of Schutz’s The Phenomenology of the Social World, and the author of several articles and a book, The Role of Religion in History. He is survived by his wife, Cathy, and his children, Michael, Maraed, and Amy.

The Graduate School


Stephen Joseph Fineman *62

Stephen Joseph Fineman of Bronxville, N.Y., died on Nov. 1, 2001, of kidney cancer. He was a graduate of Cornell U. in engineering physics and was a Guggenheim Fellow at Princeton, where he received a master’s in aeronautical engineering. Early on, he was employed in the defense industry and worked on rocketry. In 1977, he established Stephen J. Fineman Associates, and launched his career as a management consultant in health care. He taught business courses at NYU, the New School, Baruch College, CUNY, and Polytechnic U. He is survived by his wife, Beverly, and his children, Rebecca, Jonathan, and Jeremy.


The Graduate School

Joshua A. Rosenthal *81

Josh Rosenthal, who earned his MPA at the Woodrow Wilson School, died along with 3,000 others, 12 of whom were Princeton alumni, in the World Trade Center attack on Sept. 11, 2001.

Josh graduated from the U. of Michigan in 1979, where he had been selected the Truman Scholar from Michigan in 1977.

Josh studied economics and public policy while at the Wilson School, and spent his summer internship at the Office of Management and Budget in DC. Postgraduation, he became special assistant to the president of the New York Mercantile Exchange, Richard Leone *69. Josh worked with Leone for four years, including working on the Walter Mondale presidential campaign in 1984. He then spent nine years with J.P. Morgan, ending his tenure as vice president of mergers and acquisitions. Next he joined the development offices of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC.

In 1996 Josh became a portfolio manager at Grantham, Mayo, van Otterloo & Co. in Boston. Josh then joined Fiduciary Trust Co. Intl., which had offices in 2 World Trade Center in June of 1998, as a senior vice president.

Josh is survived by his sister, Helen, his two nieces, his mother, Marilyn, and his father, Avram.


Current Issue    Online Archives    Printed Issue Archives
Advertising Info    Reader Services    Search    Contact PAW    Your Class Secretary