WELCOME!Welcome to the PUTTC home page. Please visit the "About Us" section to find all information about the Club, including practice times, policies, opportunities for students, etc.
Visit and like the PUTTC Facebook page for photos, press reports, and a historical timeline.
Follow @PrincetonTT on Twitter for local and regional table tennis news.
To support PUTTC, click here and select "Club Sports - Friends of Club Table Tennis".
- Club schedule for
Sun, Dec 1: 4 pm - 7 pm
Wed, Dec 4: 9 pm - 12 midnight
Fri, Dec 6: 9 pm - 12 midnight
Sun, Dec 8: 4 pm - 7 pm
Wed, Dec 11: 9 pm - 12 midnight
No regular practices Dec 13 - Jan 5. If you are interested in playing during the holidays, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At the 2013 ITTF World Junior Table Tennis Championships
in Rabat, Morocco (Dec 1-8), Ariel Hsing '17 reached the quarterfinals
in the girls' team and girls' doubles events, the round of 16 in girls'
singles, and the round of 32 in mixed doubles.
Video of some of Ariel's matches is available here:
- girls' doubles quarterfinals (with Tina Lin vs Gu Yuting / Liu Xi, China)
- girls' doubles round of 32 (with Tina Lin vs Marina Berho / Marie Migot, France)
- singles round of 32 (vs Marie Migot, France)
- singles round of 64 (vs Bruna Alexandre, Brazil)
- mixed doubles round of 64 (with Kunal Chodri vs Karina Hayama / Isaac Zauli, Brazil)
- girls' team quarterfinals USA vs Romania: 1) vs Irina Ciobanu; 2) vs Bernadette Szocs
- girls' team stage 2, USA vs Puerto Rico: vs Melanie Diaz
- The first NCTTA
competition of the season (New Jersey division) was held on Nov 24 at
the Lily Yip Table
Tennis Center in Dunellen. Princeton beat all other schools
(Rutgers, NJIT, Rider, Stockton) and finished first both in the coed
team and the women's team event. Playing for Princeton were Ariel Hsing
'17, Shirley Fu '17, Marisa Chow '17, Robin Li '17, Kevin Ma '14, Gabe
Reder '17 and Tat Loon Chng GS.
In singles competition, Gabe, Kevin, Ariel and Shirley secured automatic qualifying spots for Regionals. Full results are available here.
The second New Jersey divisional meet will take place in February.
schedule for fall 2013:
Wed 9 pm - 12 midnight
Fri 9 pm - 12 midnight (later start on some days due to varsity games)
Sun 4 pm - 7 pm
All club practices take place on court 4 on the main floor of Dillon Gym (the court farthest from the entrance).
Bring your PU ID for access to the gym. Players of all levels are welcome! Click the "About Us" tab for further info.
- At the 2013 ITTF Women's World Cup
in Kobe, Japan
(September 21-23), Ariel Hsing '17 finished in 13th place and won $2500
in prize money. After beating world #166 Li Chunli (New Zealand) 4-1,
she lost to world #26 and former European champion Liu Jia (Austria)
2-4. Ariel was the youngest of the 20 players who had qualified for the
Highlights of Ariel's first match can be seen here (YouTube). The full video of her second match is here. Video of all the matches is available on http://ittf.com/itTV. The event was won by world #1 Liu Shiwen of China.
- At the 2013 ITTF North American Championships
in Vancouver, BC (August 25-27), Ariel Hsing '17 won the title in
junior girls' singles, junior girls' team and -- for the first time in
her career -- women's singles! In the women's final,
Ariel beat the reigning Pan American and Commonwealth Champion Mo Zhang
of Canada 4 games to 0.
Video of the finals is available here (junior girls' singles starting at 0:18:00, women's singles at 1:09:30).
- At the 2013 Canadian Championships in Halifax, NS (July 8-14), Shirley Fu '17 won five events: women's doubles; women's team; junior 18 girls' singles, doubles and team. Shirley was also a semifinalist in women's singles and a finalist in youth 21 women's singles.
- At the 2013 US Open in Las Vegas, NV (July 2-6), Ariel Hsing '17 achieved second place in women's doubles, mixed doubles, and U-21 women's singles (ITTF world tour event). In women's singles, Ariel lost in the round of 16 to the eventual champion Megumi Abe of Japan. Click here to watch highlights of the U-21 final.
- PUTTC is thrilled to welcome Ariel Hsing
(San Jose, California) as a member of the class of 2017. Ariel is the
2010 and 2011 US champion in women's singles and a 2012 Olympian. She
is currently ranked #7 in the world in U-18 (girls 18 and under).
- PUTTC is delighted to
Columbia) as a member of the class of 2017.
Shirley is the 2011 and 2012 Canadian champion in women's singles and a
member of the Canadian national team. She will represent Princeton in
At the Northeast Regionals in New York City, the Princeton team finished third and qualified once again for the National Championships!
Princeton alumnus Adam Hugh '10 will represent the USA at the ITTF World Team Cup in Guangzhou, China (March 28-31).
- The table tennis team was featured in the April 25, 2012 issue of the Princeton Alumni Weekly - watch the video here!
Princeton is the 2012 NCTTA Northeast Regional Champion! At the February 19 tournament held at FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology, New York), the team defeated Brown, NYU, MIT, Columbia, and Harvard to win the title and qualify for the National Collegiate Championships. Competing for Princeton were Tommy An '13, Amaresh Sahu '13, Kevin Ma '14, and Gabe Reder '14. In the singles competition, Amaresh finished 1st and Gabe 5th. Detailed results are posted here (team) and here (singles).
- At the US Olympic Trials held on February 10-12, PUTTC alumnus Adam Hugh '10 achieved an excellent third-place finish. He thus qualified both for the upcoming World Championships (Dortmund, Germany, March 25 - April 1) and for the North American Olympic Trials (Cary, NC, April 20-22). Congrats Adam, and good luck!
- The second divisional tournament for NCTTA's newly-formed New Jersey division took place on February 5, 2012 in Dillon Gym. As in the first meet, the Princeton team again beat all other schools and qualified for the Northeast Regionals, which will be held on February 19 in New York City. Competing for Princeton were Tommy An '13, Amaresh Sahu '13, Kevin Ma '14 and Gabe Reder '14.
- PUTTC is pleased to welcome Namkyu Oh (USATT rating 2047) as a member of the Class of 2016.
- As of September 1st, 2008, "speed gluing" is no longer allowed. Only VOC-free, water-based glue may be used to affix the rubber to the blade. "Boosters" and "tuners" have also been banned.
- PUTTC regrets to inform all of our community members that effective September 11, 2006, Dillon Gym will no longer allow USATT members to enter the building at no charge. All community members will hence either have to purchase a yearly facility pass or pay a $10 guest fee at the front desk in order to use the gym facilities. Please refer to the Campus Recreation webpage for more information.
- Click here for our archive of club news from previous seasons.